• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Badda-Bing-Badda-BOOM

Sonora Rebel

imported post

By Brian White - email
mailto:bwhite@kold.com

TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - A botched robbery attempt in midtown Tucson has left a
suspect with at least one life-threatening gunshot wound.

An 18-year-old man tried to rob a man at a car wash at 22nd and Beverly --
that's when the victim shot at the suspect, hitting him at least once,
police say.

The 18-year-old was driven to the hospital by another person.

Don't be pullin' that punk crap in Arizona dude... We'll shoot you! :cool:

Dahwg

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
By Brian White - email
mailto:bwhite@kold.com

TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - A botched robbery attempt in midtown Tucson has left a
suspect with at least one life-threatening gunshot wound.

An 18-year-old man tried to rob a man at a car wash at 22nd and Beverly --
that's when the victim shot at the suspect, hitting him at least once,
police say.

The 18-year-old was driven to the hospital by another person.

Don't be pullin' that punk crap in Arizona dude... We'll shoot you! :cool:

LOL, they just don't get it. You can't fix stupid though, and stupid's gotta hurt.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Heard on the news this morning that they guy who shot him was 50 yrs old. I suspect an open carrier... The 18 yr old perp had a gun. 'Good Shoot!'

r6-rider

imported post

at least they finally got "suspect" and "victim" in the right order this time

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I've since heard that the perp took a round in his femoral artery (leg)... which is why his partner took him to a hospital (where they were both arrested) 'cause he was bleedin' out. Both of 'em were 'gang bangers'. I suspect that the intended victim was OC... 'cause the perp had a pistol. He must not have noticed his targets gun. This was in a car wash.

Note... this is a red flag that you (we) can get jacked up anywhere.... anytime... doing even the most mundane of things.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I've since heard that the perp took a round in his femoral artery (leg)... which is why his partner took him to a hospital (where they were both arrested) 'cause he was bleedin' out. Both of 'em were 'gang bangers'. I suspect that the intended victim was OC... 'cause the perp had a pistol. He must not have noticed his targets gun. This was in a car wash.

Anyone from OCDO, perhaps?

Since the attacker had a gun, HankT's Postulate of Civilian Self-Defense[suP]©[/suP] does not apply. Whew!

GF

imported post

Wouldn't that be just awesome. Have any of you ever had to draw on anyone? I can only wonder what it must be like having to do so.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

GF wrote:
Wouldn't that be just awesome. Have any of you ever had to draw on anyone? I can only wonder what it must be like having to do so.
Yeah... me. Focus is everything. Assess... react (draw-aim) and shoot if you have to. Neutralize the threat. Watch your back afterward (literally). It ain't over 'til it's over when the scene is secured 'n you're someplace else.

GF

imported post

Wow, just the way you explained it gave me the chills. No matter how much someone thinks they may be prepared, I believe that you will never find out until it comes down to the real deal. I'm glad you had yourfirearm there with you.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
GF wrote:
Yeah... me. Focus is everything. Assess... react (draw-aim) and shoot if you have to. Neutralize the threat. Watch your back afterward (literally). It ain't over 'til it's over when the scene is secured 'n you're someplace else.
You drew a gun on an armed person? Did you have to shoot?

arizonaheat

imported post

wow when i tell people way i carry the tell me just give them what they want and they will go away, but what if they decide they want to take my life too?

GUNS DO SAVE LIVES.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

HankT wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
GF wrote:
Yeah... twice. .38 spl S&W Mod 10 wheelgun.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
HankT wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:
GF wrote:
Yeah... twice. .38 spl S&W Mod 10 wheelgun.

Twice in one event, right? What kind of weapon did the shootee have?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

HankT wrote:

Twice in one event, right? What kind of weapon did the shootee have?

No... two events. A pistol and a pickaxe. Then there was a mass shootout with a barracade situation... but they wouldn't let me shoot the guy. Touchy-feely PR 'n all that. Got a cop killed 'n 3-4 wounded bad. That sucked balls... That didn't have to happen. 'Couple of us had good LOS on him. I had the shotgun w/slugs... about 50' out 'n got a 'No Fire' order.

There were some others... I 'mean 'Drop it or I'll shoot you' stuff... 'n they 'dropped it. 'Couple times I had to bail outta the cruiser doin' a parking brake stop 'n jack up a suspect 'gun in hand'. You have to do that quick 'n put the FEAR in them before they can reach for anything. This is why CC is not a tactical surprise. The suprise will always be with the attacker.

Then there was 'Nam... but that was a whole 'nuther ballgame with serious toys.

Had some dude pull a knife onna rookie one nite 'n the kid shot the perps Johnson off... clean off. Hip shot.The EMT's kicked it in the gutter 'n stepped on it. (Gotta love the Fire Department).

Sonora Rebel

imported post

GF wrote:
Sounds like you had quite the life lol.
Yeh... not your average school to stool. There were times when the issue was in doubt... but close only counts with horse shoes 'n hand grenades. My other passions have been totake all risks and drive as fast as possible... This is my final effort: