• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hit this poll! Assault rifle ban

Glock27Bill

imported post

81% against, only 2 comments show.

My comment:
Using facts, logic, reason and the the ineffectiveness of the past ban to cause criminals to obey new laws (per the FBI and DOJ), I say "No."

Use truth, honesty and reason, and learn to manage your feelings...it's for the children!

NoVA York

imported post

85.61%

When are sheeple going to realize that firearm bans only jeopardize the safety of law abiding citizens? Case in point, Chicago, a city with a total gun ban, yet the news always reports of someone getting shot. Criminals will always have weapons.

This brings to mind another Nobama topic... nuclear nonproliferation. If the free nations of the world got rid of all their nuclear weapons, how would a democratic sovereign country protect itself from the one (or many) rouge countries that would eventually develop their own nuclear arsenal?

This is why I carry. The age-old tenet of MAD, Mutually Assured Destruction. It's what kept the Soviets at bay, and what would keep a BG from testing my waters.

wylde007

imported post

The antis will still defend their position because it's not a "scientific" poll and doesn't represent an "accurate cross-section" (read: stacked anti) of the community or that too many votes came from outside the readership or coverage areas.

Anything to bolster their agenda of fear: We're scared of guns, therefor nobody should have them.

Lunacy.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

87.34 against; 1235 hrs

How silly can they be? We all know if you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns... What lunacy!

We already know the people that want to outlaw certain types of guns don't know that they're talking about. They freely admitted looking through a catalog and with no rhyme or reason, picked out guns that "just looked evil" because they had certain features. It turns out that some of the things they didn't like were actually SAFETY features like flash supressors and heat guards.

Don't they even KNOW that REAL "assault weapons" (machine guns) have been strictly regulated since 1934???

Simplyflugginamazin!!!

wylde007

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Don't they even KNOW that REAL "assault weapons" (machine guns) have been strictly regulated since 1934???
And illegally, at that.

The 2nd Amendment does not read: A well organized Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, except fully-automatic weapons, grenades, certain knives, rocket launchers and artillery pieces, shall not be infringed.

The government is rife with lunacy and tyranny. As is the left.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
The antis will still defend their position because it's not a "scientific" poll and doesn't represent an "accurate cross-section" (read: stacked anti) of the community or that too many votes came from outside the readership or coverage areas.

Anything to bolster their agenda of fear: We're scared of guns, therefor nobody should have them.

Lunacy.
Wasn't the Internet supposed to make it a global community? Making every last corner of the world part of their readership and coverage areas? I guess that only applies when it fits their "scare the begeezus out of people and make them completely reliant on the almighty government" agenda!