Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Medicinal Marijuana approval and CPL

Post imported post

Would be interested to hear thoughts on this subject. Legalities & gray areas specifically.

I wasn't able to locate anything useful in a search.

I assume, as long as you're not under the influence while carrying, you should be legal. Realisticly it should be like any other medication?

Recently some guy's home was invaded and searched that grew medicinal, was approved for it and had the legal document on his front door. They destroyed his crop and caused him grief.

The CPL requirements just say you cannot have been convicted of a controlled substance posession within 3 years prior to application. I can't find anywhere that it says you must be able to pass a pee test.

Post imported post

ethernetweb wrote:
    Would be interested to hear thoughts on this subject. Legalities & gray areas specifically.

I wasn't able to locate anything useful in a search.

I assume, as long as you're not under the influence while carrying, you should be legal. Realisticly it should be like any other medication?

Recently some guy's home was invaded and searched that grew medicinal, was approved for it and had the legal document on his front door. They destroyed his crop and caused him grief.

The CPL requirements just say you cannot have been convicted of a controlled substance posession within 3 years prior to application. I can't find anywhere that it says you must be able to pass a pee test.

This is true, but, read this:

http://www.totaldui.com/news/article...-michigan.aspx

This is where a lot of "what ifs" could come into play while driving/CC/OC.

IMO, anyone who has the Medical Marijuana Pass, will never be issued a CPL. Even if marijuana was legal to use/possess in Michigan, I highly doubt a gun board will issue a CPL.

Also See:
    http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(kk4...me=mcl-28-425k

Post imported post

First and foremost: Marijuana, for any use, is illegal under federal law. Even if you live in a state that has enacted legislation or passed a ballot initiative that recognizes marijuana's medical utility you are subject to arrest by federal officials for possession or cultivation of marijuana.

So don't let me catch you. Should be a fun day at one of these medical marijuana conventions if they have the drug on hand! I can only imagine going into one and walking out with like 50 arrests. God I hate hippies.
    Freedom isn't free, but this is America! We will find a way to outsource it and save some money - Jeremy

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
    So don't let me catch you.* Should be a fun day at one of these medical marijuana conventions if they have the drug on hand! I can only imagine going into one and walking out with like 50 arrests.* God I hate hippies.
    A**hole. Yeah, let's arrest terminally ill cancer patients FOR FUN!

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
    First and foremost: Marijuana, for any use, is illegal under federal law. Even if you live in a state that has enacted legislation or passed a ballot initiative that recognizes marijuana's medical utility you are subject to arrest by federal officials for possession or cultivation of marijuana.

So don't let me catch you. Should be a fun day at one of these medical marijuana conventions if they have the drug on hand! I can only imagine going into one and walking out with like 50 arrests. God I hate hippies.
    See: MichiganMedicalMarijuana dot org :shock:

Post imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
    jeremy05 wrote:
    A**hole. Yeah, let's arrest terminally ill cancer patients FOR FUN!
    oh god, we all know the medical use makes up 1% of the people who actually are going to try getting it.
    Freedom isn't free, but this is America! We will find a way to outsource it and save some money - Jeremy

Post imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
    jeremy05 wrote:

oh sweet jackpot!

Post imported post

Kinda off topic, but this is an interesting look into why weed is illegal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ4MauvhRxM
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    jeremy05 wrote:

oh sweet jackpot!
    I have not done enough research on this to make any judgement, one way or another, but from what small amount I did read on that site, there seems to be some serious issues with those who are in the program. The problem I'm seeing with this is that many will abuse this program and ruin it for the those who really need it.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

All drugs should be legal. If it were we would be a far richer society. Prisons are one of Michigan's largest expenses and most criminals are in jail for illegal drug use. Prohibition does not work!
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

everyone seems to think if pot is legalized it will bring in money. From who? Who is going to buy it? IT GROWS ON A TREE!!!!!!! LITERALLY!!

Its not going to be worth 800 bucks a pound, what we value it at now. There would be so much pot around that it would drop in price drastically!

Post imported post

Three years old but worth the read:

http://abcnews.go.com/business/story?id=2735017

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    All drugs should be legal. If it were we would be a far richer society. Prisons are one of Michigan's largest expenses and most criminals are in jail for illegal drug use. Prohibition does not work!
    I've never been quiet about the fact that I think drugs of any type are a bad idea, but I agree.

Imagine if Michigan claimed 10th amendment sovereignty and declared drugs to be legal. This entire state could be revitalized, because as you pointed out the prisons would be much more empty, and plus, imagine Detroit becoming the place where the worlds finest drugs are produced on an industrial scale, then shipped around the world through canada or something.

Probably won't happen, but it's down right foolish that it doesn't. Our economic problems would be out like a light.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Not to mention that fewer people would use drugs as the (bad) factor is what leads many to try them in the first place!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Tobacco use (400,000 deaths a year) and alcoholconsumption (100,000deaths a year)cause more deaths than ALL illicit drug use (20,000 deaths a year). These numbers are a bit dated (2000), but I'm sure they are not that far off today.

Post imported post

T Vance wrote:
    Tobacco use (400,000 deaths a year) and alcoholconsumption (100,000deaths a year)cause more deaths than ALL illicit drug use (20,000 deaths a year). These numbers are a bit dated (2000), but I'm sure they are not that far off today.
    Oh yeah, and firearms is at 35,000 deaths a year, which is still below motor vehicle, the flu, and poor diet!!!

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
    everyone seems to think if pot is legalized it will bring in money. From who? Who is going to buy it? IT GROWS ON A TREE!!!!!!! LITERALLY!!

Its not going to be worth 800 bucks a pound, what we value it at now. There would be so much pot around that it would drop in price drastically!
    I wasn't referring to money being made from drugs, I was talking about the savings in LE, prisons, courts, etc., associated with regulating drugs. And not to mention the violence of the illegal drug trade would be almost non-existent.

Although an industry would emerge from the production of good quality drugs. GNP would increase, people employed, taxes being payed, outlet stores all in all the free market working......imagine the liquor industry after prohibition.

And for the record I'm not an illegal drug user never was most likely never will be, but freedom is freedom and what we have in place is not working. We make choices and must take responsibility for our actions. Use drugs don't use drugs, but when you harm others with your drug use you must be responsible for that.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Where do i sign up for this job talent bank ? Oh grandhomey add this to the solar, & wind farms, Herb farms:celebrate

Post imported post

Freedom to get F'ed as you want? Theres a fundamental problem with the "legalize it". It doesnt make things better. Have you seen what Amsterdam looks like. The affect you get is you have a larger population of zombies who become numb to reality. First was alcohol, next pot, then what? Opium? Cocaine? X? The list never ends. There is no proof things get better from legalizing drugs.

My opinion of course.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    Freedom to get F'ed as you want? Theres a fundamental problem with the "legalize it". It doesnt make things better. Have you seen what Amsterdam looks like. The affect you get is you have a larger population of zombies who become numb to reality. First was alcohol, next pot, then what? Opium? Cocaine? X? The list never ends. There is no proof things get better from legalizing drugs.

My opinion of course.
    are things getting better by having drugs be illegal?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:

My opinion of course.
    Of course things get better - The government stops infringing on liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We stop wasting tax dollars on chasing this wild goose for 40+ years, We stop overcrowding jails with frivolous possession charges, we stop the further militarization of our police force...

The list could go on for a long time.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:

My opinion of course.
    Yes, freedom to get as F'ed as you want. Just like with alcohol. But as I stated you harm others you go to jail. Just like alcohol. My opinion of course is that legalizing drugs would make things better not worse.Have you been to Amsterdam?

And what is wrong with being numb to reality, only a Christan right viewpoint would argue the morality of reality.

And I was referring to legalizing all drugs, cocaine, heroin, the whole shooting match. Do a little research on the criminalizing of drugs in America and how that has worked out.

Post imported post

jeremy05 wrote:

Screw state laws. We federalists know whats best!

Hold on let me tuck my pants into my boots.

How is it that BP can find a lowly .22 round miss placed in the back of a loaded suv full of tourists and their luggage, but 20 million wets can just walk right in?

I'll say it again...

Bellied up to the government trough.

If it were not for these intrusive drug laws we wouldn't need the DEA. Customs wouldn't need AWACS planes and high speed pursuit boats. USCG could concentrate on littoral patrol and protection.

And more importantly decriminalize and the criminal element is eliminated. DUH!!!

But no, the feds learned nothing from prohibition except how to take our money and piss it away.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Remember, weed makes black men rape white women.

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

And Brian said," only a Christan right viewpoint would argue the morality of reality.". So would the opposite of the "Christian Right" be the Muslim Left? It seems to me that the Muslim religion is anti drugs and alcohol as well.springerdave.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast