• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Medicinal Marijuana approval and CPL

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Freedom to get F'ed as you want? Theres a fundamental problem with the "legalize it". It doesnt make things better. Have you seen what Amsterdam looks like. The affect you get is you have a larger population of zombies who become numb to reality. First was alcohol, next pot, then what? Opium? Cocaine? X? The list never ends. There is no proof things get better from legalizing drugs.

My opinion of course.

Of course things get better - The government stops infringing on liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We stop wasting tax dollars on chasing this wild goose for 40+ years, We stop overcrowding jails with frivolous possession charges, we stop the further militarization of our police force...

The list could go on for a long time.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Freedom to get F'ed as you want? Theres a fundamental problem with the "legalize it". It doesnt make things better. Have you seen what Amsterdam looks like. The affect you get is you have a larger population of zombies who become numb to reality. First was alcohol, next pot, then what? Opium? Cocaine? X? The list never ends. There is no proof things get better from legalizing drugs.

My opinion of course.
Yes, freedom to get as F'ed as you want. Just like with alcohol. But as I stated you harm others you go to jail. Just like alcohol. My opinion of course is that legalizing drugs would make things better not worse.Have you been to Amsterdam?

And what is wrong with being numb to reality, only a Christan right viewpoint would argue the morality of reality.

And I was referring to legalizing all drugs, cocaine, heroin, the whole shooting match. Do a little research on the criminalizing of drugs in America and how that has worked out.

G

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
[font="book antiqua, times new roman, times"]First and foremost: Marijuana, for any use, is illegal under federal law. Even if you live in a state that has enacted legislation or passed a ballot initiative that recognizes marijuana's medical utility you are subject to arrest by federal officials for possession or cultivation of marijuana.

So don't let me catch you. Should be a fun day at one of these medical marijuana conventions if they have the drug on hand! :lol: I can only imagine going into one and walking out with like 50 arrests. God I hate hippies.
[/font]
Screw state laws. We federalists know whats best!

Hold on let me tuck my pants into my boots.

How is it that BP can find a lowly .22 round miss placed in the back of a loaded suv full of tourists and their luggage, but 20 million wets can just walk right in?

I'll say it again...

Bellied up to the government trough.

If it were not for these intrusive drug laws we wouldn't need the DEA. Customs wouldn't need AWACS planes and high speed pursuit boats. USCG could concentrate on littoral patrol and protection.

And more importantly decriminalize and the criminal element is eliminated. DUH!!!

But no, the feds learned nothing from prohibition except how to take our money and piss it away.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

And Brian said," only a Christan right viewpoint would argue the morality of reality.". So would the opposite of the "Christian Right" be the Muslim Left? It seems to me that the Muslim religion is anti drugs and alcohol as well.springerdave.

Michigander

imported post

springerdave wrote:
And Brian said," only a Christan right viewpoint would argue the morality of reality.". So would the opposite of the "Christian Right" be the Muslim Left? It seems to me that the Muslim religion is anti drugs and alcohol as well.springerdave.
I'd always been told that muslims and christians basically believe in the same god, and same moral principles.

jeremy05

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:
[font="book antiqua, times new roman, times"]First and foremost: Marijuana, for any use, is illegal under federal law. Even if you live in a state that has enacted legislation or passed a ballot initiative that recognizes marijuana's medical utility you are subject to arrest by federal officials for possession or cultivation of marijuana.

So don't let me catch you. Should be a fun day at one of these medical marijuana conventions if they have the drug on hand! :lol: I can only imagine going into one and walking out with like 50 arrests. God I hate hippies.
[/font]
Screw state laws. We federalists know whats best! yup

Hold on let me tuck my pants into my boots.

How is it that BP can find a lowly .22 round miss placed in the back of a loaded suv full of tourists and their luggage, but 20 million wets can just walk right in?

What?

I'll say it again...

Bellied up to the government trough.

We need more funding. I obviously can't say to much on what we do or how we do it, but On Average I make 25 arrests a day, some more some less. Im only one agent of over 400 at our station, and we are all busy as hell!!

A 200 pound drug seizure doesn't even get noticed at our station its so common! The public has no idea how much drugs are coming into the united states!! It makes me sick. I work my ass off at work everyday, and I consider what I make to be underpaid.

You try walking up to a group of 30 illegals and arresting them by yourself and tell me its not nerve racking knowing your backup is only a half hour away. Yeah im pretty bellied up though the trough though :banghead:.

If it were not for these intrusive drug laws we wouldn't need the DEA. Customs wouldn't need AWACS planes and high speed pursuit boats. USCG could concentrate on littoral patrol and protection.
And if we just ate anything that was put in front of us we wouldn't need a FDA

And more importantly decriminalize and the criminal element is eliminated. DUH!!!

Yeah cause no drug user ever robbed or murdered anyone over drugs, or drug money. The addicted element of society is something that the general public has turned a blind eye to. These type of people will do ANYTHING to get their next fix. Im not talking about the college kids, or responsible people who can smoke weed and live a normal life. Im talking about the type of people who live their life around drugs.

But no, the feds learned nothing from prohibition except how to take our money and piss it away. I don't even know what to say to that.

G

imported post

Michigander wrote:
I'd always been told that muslims and christians basically believe in the same god...
WRONG!!!

God and allah are not one.

If this were true, that would mean that allah is the god of Israel.

Get one muslim to profess that and I'll kiss your ass in Hudson's window. And I'll give you twenty minutes to draw a crowd.

jeremy05

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Michigander wrote:
I'd always been told that muslims and christians basically believe in the same god...
WRONG!!!

Get one muslim to profess that and I'll kiss your ass in Hudson's window. And I'll give you twenty minutes to draw a crowd.
[font="arial,helvetica"]Kill non-believers
4.89 : They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.
[/font]

Muslims have a peaceful religion. Im not saying Christians are any better, hell they killed more people in the name of god than any other religion. So I guess they are winning?

Michigander

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Michigander wrote:
WRONG!!!

I have known 3 muslims that have told me this. And several christians.

It's not like it matters to me, because even though I believe in God, I don't believe in any religion that I know of. So who believes what makes very little difference to me, because I believe little of it myself.

Definitely getting off topic here. :uhoh:

G

imported post

jeremy05 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Michigander wrote:
WRONG!!!

4.89 : They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.
[/font]

Muslims have a peaceful religion. This crap you quote is peaceful??? Im not saying Christians are any better, hell they killed more people in the name of god than any other religion. So I guess they are winning?
Killing non-believers is not a fundamental belief of the Christian faith and is not written anywhere in scripture. It was an abomination perpetrated by the hierachy of the establishment/government church.

Unlike islam which has it written in their evil koran. Per your own cite.

Jared

imported post

Keep in mind as Jeremy05 said. Unfortunately, all schedule 1 drugs are illegal under federal law, even marijuana.

That being said, also keep in mind that it is illegal to be in possession of a firearm while being in posession of any schedule 1 drug.

Not many people know this and I have never seen anyone convicted under this.

As far as Michigan law, I could not find anything that would prohibit you from obtaining a CPL while having a medical marijuana license.

Thank you Venator for pointing out that the drug war is insane... but it's also unconstitutional as well... but who cares about that dusty old document anyway right :)

Jared

imported post

Keep in mind as Jeremy05 said. Unfortunately, all schedule 1 drugs are illegal under federal law, even marijuana.

That being said, also keep in mind that it is illegal to be in possession of a firearm while being in posession of any schedule 1 drug.

Not many people know this and I have never seen anyone convicted under this.

As far as Michigan law, I could not find anything that would prohibit you from obtaining a CPL while having a medical marijuana license.

Thank you Venator for pointing out that the drug war is insane... but it's also unconstitutional as well... but who cares about that dusty old document anyway right :)

jeremy05

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
Michigander wrote:
WRONG!!!

[/font]

Muslims have a peaceful religion. This crap you quote is peaceful??? Im not saying Christians are any better, hell they killed more people in the name of god than any other religion. So I guess they are winning?
Killing non-believers is not a fundamental belief of the Christian faith and is not written anywhere in scripture. It was an abomination perpetrated by the hierachy of the establishment/government church.

Unlike islam which has it written in their evil koran. Per your own cite.

I was ripping on islam