• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Practice/Meet and Greet in Boise ????

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

I was thinking of getting some folks together to go shoot this month before weather gets bad. We should be shooting at least monthly, I know I do. Practice makes perfect and when it counts, you need to be on the mark. We all know of several locations or ranges, and I am suggesting a place out on BLM land south of the airport in Boise. We all can bring our own targets and link up off Gowen Rd and I will lead us out there. I know of several safe spots with good backdrops where we will not be shooting in an unsafe direction.

The reason for BLM land, I like to be able to holster and draw when I shoot, oh and it's free, free and did I mention FREE. Can't do that at any range I know of around here, if you do tell me. I believe in praticing for the real world and when the situation arises, hopefully never, then I know I can draw and be on target with accuracy every time. I usually will shoot 200 rds or so but will have more on hand than I need. That last a long time if you do quick reloads with only 2-3 rds in a mag at a time and other drills.
Also might be a good idea for a U-Tube vid, so long as we don't look like cowboys out there and just shoot up the desert. Maybe record some drills with guys/gals on line.

If anyone is interested let me know this week. I am thinking OCT 11th, 17-18 or during the week before or after that. I can go out there both dates and during the week if those dates are hard for some to make but they want to get out there and do it. Let me know !!!

ecocks

imported post

I'm game (but I'm not in-season).

Slightly prefer a Friday daytime shoot if we could, but Saturday works too if it isn't too crowded wherever we end up.

jdgypsy

imported post

I am good for Friday afternoon. Call me in the am if you want to go. For those who don't have my number PM me before noon with your number and I will call you right back. thinking around 2 pm the latest to head out to the BLM area south of the airport. We can link up near pleasent valley rd. See you there.

jdgypsy

imported post

Sunday, myself and a gentleman named Mike, a first timer to the meeting went out to BLM area and shot. Had a good time, only shot 75 rds of 40 through my gun and about the same out of his pistols. Lots of BSing between the two of us and shot his .308 Savage also. Great rifle, now I really want one too. Weather wasn't bad and suggest another day of shooting before it does turn cold. I just need a days notice, PM me and I can make it happen.

ecocks

imported post

My wife and I are going to Impact for Ladies Free night on the range tonight.

jdgypsy

imported post

Yep, same here. Not sure of my timeline yet. I have to go pick up the two guns we are borrowing still, then go and shoot one of them(38spl), apparently they will not allow 410 rounds with the Judge shot on the range at Impact. That will require a trip into BLM land to shoot that one, too easy. Hope to run into you there, if not another day then. Enjoy.

MJMcMahon

imported post

Impact may be a possibility, as my fiancee will be picking up her pistol this afternoon.

Definitely want to get out to the BLM land, again jdgypsy! Weather's looking good for this weekend and more play with the Savage would be awesome!

ecocks

imported post

Stopped by Impact - Ladies Free is ALL DAY. We will get there around 4:30 or so. Taking along a .380 and3 .40's.

Added:

Had a great time shjooting with the wife for a bit over two hours. Ended up taking almost everything I had: .22, 2 .380's, 9mm and 3 .40's. The wife did great with the new CZ 75 P-06.

This should be like a regular thing with our gals, then coffee afterward at Denny's or something. Maye every other Tuesday afternoon/evening?

jdgypsy

imported post

Mike suggested another shoot this weekend and I agree. Weather forecast for Sat is reported to be really nice. Need to look at a time line, will post tonight or tomorrow mid day on a possible time. Need to coordinate, PM me with some times and we should be able to work out something. Hope to hear from anyone who would like to attend. See you there.

Mike, will PM you when I know what I can manage and lets see what we come up with.

MJMcMahon

imported post

sounds good! Without a doubt there will be some kind of trip this weekend, at least to Impact. My fiancee picked up her 9mm last night and is itching for some trigger time!

ecocks

imported post

Hmmm, anyone got any .380 ammo? I'm dry except for seld-defense rounds.

Perhaps we can post what we're bringing to the shoot-fest?

I'll be bringing almost my full assortment:

Browning Bucmark .22

H&R .32 Revolver

Bersa Thunder .380

Sig P230 .380

S&W Sigma 9mm

S&W M&P .40

CZ-40 .40

CZ-75 P-06 .40

Long guns:

Savage .17

Either a Winchester or Remigton semi-auto .22

I'll also bring the staple gun and some paper plates. Anyone got any wooden forms?

MJMcMahon

imported post

The plan from my side is as follows:

Friday at ~5pm: Impact for pistol shooting with my fiancee'

Saturday afternoon (time flexible): trip to the Nat'l Guard range for rifle shooting.

Available for either trip:

Kimber Raptor .45ACP

Sig 226 9mm

Browning Buckmark .22

Beretta CX-4 carbine 9mm

Savage Mk-II .22 rifle

CZ-527 .223

DPMS M-4 .223

Savage Mdl 10FCP-HS .308

Obviously the pistols and the carbine are best suited to the trip to Impact. Let me know if anyone would like to try any of the above listed weapons.

Mike

ecocks

imported post

Great fun! Enjoyed the chat and shooting. Next time maybe we can take along a grill and relax even more.