• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My wife FINALLY decided to carry

rmbrems

imported post

After years of trying to convince her that I wear my gun for my safety, and not for my macho-man-ness (she was convinced it was to stroke my ego)- she FINALLY asked if she could get a gun to carry too.

Just needed to share this with the guys.

carry on!

carracer

imported post

Yes!!! Congradulations! I got my wife a Charter Arms Pink Lady and had it engraved with the Cancer Ribbon and the word Survivor. She absolutely loves it! Then I got to get me a new handgun too!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

AZ Patriot wrote:
After years of trying to convince her that I wear my gun for my safety, and not for my macho-man-ness (she was convinced it was to stroke my ego)- she FINALLY asked if she could get a gun to carry too.

Wow. Pretty good. Sometimes it takes awhile.

What prompted her to shift her views?

brokenbarrel

imported post

AZ Patriot wrote:

carry on!
thats great my wife and i plan to get ccws,to carry all the time..

Sonora Rebel

imported post

brokenbarrel wrote:
AZ Patriot wrote:

carry on!
thats great my wife and i plan to get ccws,to carry all the time..
You can 'carry all the time' now... Just 'do it'. My wife had a DW-40 'fore we were married... but adopted (pirated) my Makarov 9x18mm 'cause of it's size. She OC's that in a flapped (E. German Luftwaffe) black holster (cross draw). I use her .40 as my 'round the house carry gun, 'cause the 1911 .45 is a bit cumbersome.

GF

imported post

:celebrateI'm still trying to get my girlfriend to do so (OC). She never really seemed to like guns when we got together, but now she seems to really enjoy them. I thinks it's 'cause she found out she's a really good shot lol.