• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pheonix Zoo

PavePusher

imported post

One of my Airmen (who carries OC & CC, has CWP) is going to be visiting the Pheonix Zoo this weekend, from Tucson. From their web site, they appear to be a private enterprise:

http://www.phoenixzoo.org/learn/history.shtml

"The Phoenix Zoo is one of America's most successful, privately-owned, nonprofit zoological parks."

And prohibit weapons:

http://www.phoenixzoo.org/visit/FAQs.shtml

What items are prohibited at the Zoo?
Prohibited items include alcohol, glass, balloons, balls, Frisbees, radios, whistles, skateboards, scooters, firearms, weapons, knives, toy weapons, and bare feet. Smoking is also prohibited on Zoo grounds.

Does anyone have any personal experience being armed there? Thanks in advance!

Armed4Life

imported post

As with mostplaces open to the public,ifthey discovered you were carrying in violation ofpolicy, they would probably demand that you leave immediately with a threat of a tresspassing charge if you do not. Now that I have kids, I would not goto the Phoenix Zoo unarmed.We have been to the zoo twice in the last 6 months. You may read between the lines.

r6-rider

imported post

gotta CC and hope nothing happens that would involve you using your pistol.

even though if a situation did arise and you used it to save yourself or another, as much as it would make sense, you would still be condemned for "breaking the rules"

Dahwg

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
gotta CC and hope nothing happens that would involve you using your pistol.

even though if a situation did arise and you used it to save yourself or another, as much as it would make sense, you would still be condemned for "breaking the rules"

You can get kicked out of the zoo for "breaking the rules" but it's not going to send you to jail. Rules and laws are quite different. That's why most people I know carry concealed at the Mall, they'd rather be trespassed off the mall than be carried out in a body bag.

Dragonflydf

imported post

FYI, it is spelled PHOENIX,

There is also the Wildlife World Zoo on the west side, Northern Ave and the 303.