Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video of police officer defending him self

Post imported post

When I first saw this... I was like "wow!".

I dont know if anyone here has seen this or if its a repost, but I just found it on the officer.com forum.... Pretty intense! Its basically just a chase until the time gets to 3:30, thats when the action starts. And the end of it completely blew me away!

IMHO, 100% justifiable. Kudos to the peace officer.

http://www.officer.com/video/In-Car_Video_Footage/Blue_Ash_Ohio_Pursuit_8-28-07/1676371698:1672160910:opular_overall::::/

Everytime i watch it I'm amazed...

Post imported post

WOW

Post imported post

See what I mean lol

Post imported post

I often wonder why people run from the cops like that. You cannot outrun radio.

Unless you are on a dirt bike (motorcycle) and can cut cross-country or through woods where they cannot follow...you're gonna get caught.

Post imported post

I'm glad no innocent folks were killed in that reckless high speed chase.

Post imported post

Sucks to be that guy, oh well one less BG.

Post imported post

On the one hand, cops are not James Bond and do not need to be jumping on the hoods of people's cars, etc. If someone jumped on the hood of my car, I'd punch it too. On the other, the guy rammed a police car, what did he expect? They were just going to say, "Oh well", and let him go? Dunno what to think about this one.....

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    On the one hand, cops are not James Bond and do not need to be jumping on the hoods of people's cars, etc. If someone jumped on the hood of my car, I'd punch it too. On the other, the guy rammed a police car, what did he expect? They were just going to say, "Oh well", and let him go? Dunno what to think about this one.....
    Good point, but I dont think the cop jumped on his hood on purpose. It would be tactically incorrect to jump on a BG's hood, the BG could have a firearm and shoot the officer through the windshield. I think the BG was using his car as a deadly weapon and charged at the officer on foot. Then to avoid being injured or killed, the only sure direction the BG was NOT going to turn was UP. So the cop jumped UP on the hood in a split second decision to save his life. Now that the officer was on the hood, there is no telling if the BG was going to gun it up to 120mph like earlier and then abruptly swerve or hit the breaks which would for sure kill the officer. So the officer did what he had to do in order to preserve his own life.

Thats just what I got from the video at least.

Post imported post

Unfortunately, the video was edited in such a way that we will never know for sure. That's the kicker right there. If we saw the whole thing, unedited, we might know.

Post imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
    Unfortunately, the video was edited in such a way that we will never know for sure. That's the kicker right there. If we saw the whole thing, unedited, we might know.
    Very true. Either way, this video completely knocked the socks off of me lol

Post imported post

Well what's really amazing is where this crash and chase ended is basically in the back yard of the Blue Ash PD Municipal bldg, the intersection has a church on the corner then the municipal complex. Off to the left of where they crash into him... they investigated this scene for a day they had he area closed off and caused a odd traffic nightmare, Blue Ash is one of these communities that its daytime population swells to close to 50,000 almost 4 times it's normal >12,000 population or more with thousands of office's etc.

The Blue Ash Police Department is led by Colonel Chris Wallace, Chief of Police. It is comprised of 38 full-time Police Officers, 8 Auxiliary Police Officers, 6 dispatchers, and 4 civilian support staff. The majority of officers and staff are assigned to the Patrol Section, which provides patrol and answers calls for service around the clock. The Patrol Section is supported by the Detective Section and Staff Section

Blue Ash is 7.7 square miles in size and is located about 12 miles northeast of Cincinnati, and about 15 minutes from downtown Cincinnati.

Yea I live here....lol

Favorite recent Quote:
    "As long as I'm prosecutor, if someone comes into a store with a gun and I've said it before and I'll say it again they have forfeited their right not to be shot,"
    Hamilton County, Ohio - prosecutor; Joe Deters

Post imported post

the cop was probably right with what i saw but it must suck to kill someone like that, i'm sure it bothers him everyday and it will for a long time, something i hope to god i never have to do

Post imported post

damn.................

Post imported post

asbrand wrote:
    I often wonder why people run from the cops like that. You cannot outrun radio.

Unless you are on a dirt bike (motorcycle) and can cut cross-country or through woods where they cannot follow...you're gonna get caught.

lol yea... i dont think so. they just dont show the ones that get away, on tv. because than it would show the public that you CAN get away

Post imported post

It does suck. One of my friends whom was on patrol and was pursuing a suspect who had fired upon him. The man being chased then leveled a rifle at him and my friend shot him in the neck.

What really got to my friend was that the BG only had one shot which he had fired. So he shot someone who didn't even have ammo but my friend had no idea. He is still haunted to this day by it and after that incident he retired.

He served for two years and was shot at on 23 occasions and had also been in several fights in which he had to get reconstuctive surgery for. I am still amazed that he hadent shot killed anyone until that day due to the sheer fact of encounters.

He is now a priest in his time off and an electrition.

Post imported post

eddyys wrote:
    It does suck. One of my friends whom was on patrol and was pursuing a suspect who had fired upon him. The man being chased then leveled a rifle at him and my friend shot him in the neck.

What really got to my friend was that the BG only had one shot which he had fired. So he shot someone who didn't even have ammo but my friend had no idea. He is still haunted to this day by it and after that incident he retired.

He served for two years and was shot at on 23 occasions and had also been in several fights in which he had to get reconstuctive surgery for. I am still amazed that he hadent shot killed anyone until that day due to the sheer fact of encounters.

He is now a priest in his time off and an electrition.
    wow where the hell was he a cop? or is this what most cops face

Post imported post

sounds like either NY, atlanta or LA..........wow

Post imported post

It was way back when he was in his 20's. He is now 53. He served on the bad side of town in Indianapolis. That city was a hell hole back then and still is today.

Post imported post

I am glad the cop was ok in the end and the BG is no longer breathing air.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

WOW:what:

Post imported post

WOW what a chase.

Evidently the BG was assaulting cop3 with a deadly weapon (car?)as cop1 was approachingandcop3 was advising the other officers to take cover.

I used to live in Blue Ash also and would not be surprised to find out that at 3am this BG was on drugs/drunk and carrying drugs.

We still don't know what started the chase as we only see the BG after he has plowed into the barditch.

cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Post imported post

I guess I'll have to play the devil's advocate here.I watched the video several times and came up with the same conclusions - Yes, the suspectwas attempting to flee at high speed but I did not note a lot of red lights being ran. In fact, the suspect turned around before entering a red light intersection and took a side road. I did see them going thru some green lights. The police attempted to ram the car and at one point was shooting at the ??driver as opposed to trying to shoot the tires or otherwise stop the vehicle. There were no other vehicles around potentially indangered and at the end - the police officer who left his vehicle very stupidly jumped on the hood of a car with the driver still inside and proceeded to shoot him when the car again attempted to flee. What we have here is another sterling example of no control of a situation with the result being a dead citizen who was endangering no one else in the immediate area until a police officer stupidly jumped on his car as he was attempting to flee. I also noted comments on the site posted in response to the video to the effect of "another rapid dog killed". Guess what LEO's, we're not rapid dogs and if you're stupid enough to jump on the hood of a moving vehicle - maybe you should be run over. :shock:

Post imported post

Redlegagent - I guess you missed the vehicles that had pulled to the side of the road.

As I remember, in Blue Ash, the street lights 'lock' to green after so long idle.

The citizens in danger were the police officer.

Use of a vehicle to threaten another is use of deadly force. Whether he had a gun or not.

When a vehicle is comming at you, you have two choices, jump up, or jump out of the way, and from what I could see in the video, cop1 might have been limited in his options as to which way to go.

As for the officers referring to the BG as a 'rabid dog,' I will not fault them for that characterization. A rabid dog acts in an unusual and aggressive manner due to a disease. After exposure to mind addled drug addicts, I can see the correlation whether the BG was a drug addict, or simply a drunk operating DUI.

After living in Cincinnati for 10 years, I can tell you that even in Blue Ash, the possibility of the BG having and using a weapon was VERY high!

Could the officers have chosen a different course of action? Maybe, but the BG had already assaulted them several times with a deadly weapon, fled at 100+ mph, and was definitely headed into a more congested area where pedestrians along with vehicles would have been even at that time of night.

I am sure that there are facts that are not available to us, but I believe that if those officers had not stopped the BG and he had crashed into a vehicle with a family of 4, killing them, the city would have been in an uproar. Another situation of damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Post imported post

You're citing "techinical evidence" which does not reflect the totality of the video. Absolutely, the film was edited and may not show all the facts - but it did show the following: we know that the suspect fled in his car. There is no evidence to support he attempted to hit any other cars other than police while trying to break away from the police who where likewise ramming him. We know for a fact that the police were shooting at him but we don't know if he was shooting back. We know that cop #1 exited his vehicle and proceeded to attempt to stop him by jumping on the hood and firing at him before the rest of the back-up was on scene. Merely stating that he had "assualted them with a deadly weapon" does not reflect that the suspect was, in fact, attempting to flee police officers who were shooting at him and ramming his car. This leads one to question the validity of the police's point given that there is nothing on the tape to indicate the suspect attempted to injure bystanders, shot at the police, or did anything other than fleeing from people shooting at him and ramming his car. I still say this video wafts. :P

Post imported post

the way i see it, guy was drunk/on drugs, most likely a banger, fleeing at over 100mph from the police ,endangering officers lives and civlians as well. he got put down. he probably deserved it. people are probably alive beacuse of it.

no need to think to far into the situation, look at the facts that are there.......if i was the officer, i probably would have done the same.

Here in Maine we had a man. He told police once they arrived at his home he had a gun, noone ever saw it, he claimed he was gonna "cap" all the officers on scene...........he reached, he took 15 rounds to the chest. All the officers were cleared of any wrong doing. its not a physical act that can provoke police to open fire. Threats and the danger of innocent bystanders being hurt is more than enough reason to shoot, and find out after. had the police let this man pull out whatever he did or did not have,could have gotten others killed. much like the carchase.......if they had let him keep running, im sure the odds of innocent bystanders dieing would have increased ten fold.

Just my OP :-p

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast