• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video of police officer defending him self

rolexbenz190e

imported post

When I first saw this... I was like "wow!".

I dont know if anyone here has seen this or if its a repost, but I just found it on the officer.com forum.... Pretty intense! Its basically just a chase until the time gets to 3:30, thats when the action starts. And the end of it completely blew me away!

IMHO, 100% justifiable. Kudos to the peace officer.

http://www.officer.com/video/In-Car_Video_Footage/Blue_Ash_Ohio_Pursuit_8-28-07/1676371698:1672160910::popular_overall::::/

Everytime i watch it I'm amazed...

asbrand

imported post

I often wonder why people run from the cops like that. You cannot outrun radio.

Unless you are on a dirt bike (motorcycle) and can cut cross-country or through woods where they cannot follow...you're gonna get caught.

compmanio365

imported post

On the one hand, cops are not James Bond and do not need to be jumping on the hoods of people's cars, etc. If someone jumped on the hood of my car, I'd punch it too. On the other, the guy rammed a police car, what did he expect? They were just going to say, "Oh well", and let him go? Dunno what to think about this one.....

rolexbenz190e

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
On the one hand, cops are not James Bond and do not need to be jumping on the hoods of people's cars, etc. If someone jumped on the hood of my car, I'd punch it too. On the other, the guy rammed a police car, what did he expect? They were just going to say, "Oh well", and let him go? Dunno what to think about this one.....
Good point, but I dont think the cop jumped on his hood on purpose. It would be tactically incorrect to jump on a BG's hood, the BG could have a firearm and shoot the officer through the windshield. I think the BG was using his car as a deadly weapon and charged at the officer on foot. Then to avoid being injured or killed, the only sure direction the BG was NOT going to turn was UP. So the cop jumped UP on the hood in a split second decision to save his life. Now that the officer was on the hood, there is no telling if the BG was going to gun it up to 120mph like earlier and then abruptly swerve or hit the breaks which would for sure kill the officer. So the officer did what he had to do in order to preserve his own life.

Thats just what I got from the video at least.

rolexbenz190e

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Unfortunately, the video was edited in such a way that we will never know for sure. That's the kicker right there. If we saw the whole thing, unedited, we might know.
Very true. Either way, this video completely knocked the socks off of me lol

FiremanJoe

imported post

Well what's really amazing is where this crash and chase ended is basically in the back yard of the Blue Ash PD Municipal bldg, the intersection has a church on the corner then the municipal complex. Off to the left of where they crash into him... they investigated this scene for a day they had he area closed off and caused a odd traffic nightmare, Blue Ash is one of these communities that its daytime population swells to close to 50,000 almost 4 times it's normal >12,000 population or more with thousands of office's etc.

The Blue Ash Police Department is led by Colonel Chris Wallace, Chief of Police. It is comprised of 38 full-time Police Officers, 8 Auxiliary Police Officers, 6 dispatchers, and 4 civilian support staff. The majority of officers and staff are assigned to the Patrol Section, which provides patrol and answers calls for service around the clock. The Patrol Section is supported by the Detective Section and Staff Section

Blue Ash is 7.7 square miles in size and is located about 12 miles northeast of Cincinnati, and about 15 minutes from downtown Cincinnati.

Yea I live here....lol

eric55

imported post

the cop was probably right with what i saw but it must suck to kill someone like that, i'm sure it bothers him everyday and it will for a long time, something i hope to god i never have to do

r6-rider

imported post

asbrand wrote:
I often wonder why people run from the cops like that. You cannot outrun radio.

Unless you are on a dirt bike (motorcycle) and can cut cross-country or through woods where they cannot follow...you're gonna get caught.
lol yea... i dont think so. they just dont show the ones that get away, on tv. because than it would show the public that you CAN get away

eddyys

imported post

It does suck. One of my friends whom was on patrol and was pursuing a suspect who had fired upon him. The man being chased then leveled a rifle at him and my friend shot him in the neck.

What really got to my friend was that the BG only had one shot which he had fired. So he shot someone who didn't even have ammo but my friend had no idea. He is still haunted to this day by it and after that incident he retired.

He served for two years and was shot at on 23 occasions and had also been in several fights in which he had to get reconstuctive surgery for. I am still amazed that he hadent shot killed anyone until that day due to the sheer fact of encounters.

He is now a priest in his time off and an electrition.

eric55

imported post

eddyys wrote:
It does suck. One of my friends whom was on patrol and was pursuing a suspect who had fired upon him. The man being chased then leveled a rifle at him and my friend shot him in the neck.

What really got to my friend was that the BG only had one shot which he had fired. So he shot someone who didn't even have ammo but my friend had no idea. He is still haunted to this day by it and after that incident he retired.

He served for two years and was shot at on 23 occasions and had also been in several fights in which he had to get reconstuctive surgery for. I am still amazed that he hadent shot killed anyone until that day due to the sheer fact of encounters.

He is now a priest in his time off and an electrition.
wow where the hell was he a cop? or is this what most cops face

eddyys

imported post

It was way back when he was in his 20's. He is now 53. He served on the bad side of town in Indianapolis. That city was a hell hole back then and still is today.