• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video of police officer defending him self

hammer6

imported post

i don't think that was right. where was the suspects firearm? if he's not going to stop, stay in your car and disable it. no need to kill him.

okboomer

imported post

don't know about the dog ... haven't lived there since 1994 ... been rural in Ok where they shoot at snakes in bird houses and kill 5-year-old-boys fishing with grandpa ...

SickMaker

imported post

All I saw was a Cop riding the hood shooting at a suspect. I saw this because, in all of the video i never saw where an officer was in any dirrect danger, i.e. when did the suspect "turn violent?"

You may say when the cop was on his hood, but I disagree.

SickMaker

imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
Anytime a suspect engages a high speed pursuit and attempts to ram a cruiser, that is a violent act. I believe the officer acted accordingly.
I never saw an attempt to ram anything. I heard the officer say, he attempted to ram me, but enver saw anything of that nature. So that emans that everytime someone pulls to far in front of a stop sign, did they try to ram the other person??

SickMaker

imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
Just that fact that the suspect engaged in a high speed pursuit or even fleeing in any way is a violent act because the car that the suspect is driving becomes a deadly weapon.

A deadly weapon that was enacted by police. There are more chases called off because when a cop entices a suspect into a high speed pursuit, it endangers everyone's saftey. So the question is, would they run if the police did not chase them?

This is what a supervisor has to consider: what is the offense that the officer is pulling someone over for, what is the proximity to schools and hospitals and other pedestrian trafic, and what would be the gain of the chase?

So if an officer pulls 2 black kids over for driving 60 in a 55, has no probable cause to search the vehicle, no cause to arrest them, but the kids are scared, they're 15 and 13 and took their mom's suv for a spin. if the cop chases them, what is the harshest punishment than can come about?

You see what i'm getting at?And quite frankly, this video has shown nothing to allow a person to form a judgement, because all we see is the chase itself, nothing before.

Ca Patriot

imported post

The police are taught in training NOT to get in front of a vehicle.

I have seen recently the police deliberatley getting in front of a vehicle and then if the vehicle goes an inch forward the police then shoot.

The Atomic Ass

imported post

DonTreadOnMe wrote:
blue ash?  is that not the place where the officers shot the little dog?
I believe that was Cincinnati proper, but they're not far off. The intersection where he was shot is no more than 5-10 miles from downtown.