Thread: How about a list

Post imported post

I know we have a list of general places where you can't open carry like post offices, federal buildings, and schools.

How about your experiences with specific businesses? Maybe there is a walmart that you know does not allow it based on your past experience. Or you know of a business with a "gun free zone" sign. So how about it? Can we get a list going?

Post imported post

I don't know about any that are specifically anti-OC while allowing CC, but here's the list from RMGO of anti-gun businesses:

http://www.rmgo.org/merchant/merchant_listing.shtml

and unless it's changed, the manager of Chapel Hills Mall specifically told a local CCW holder that they do not allow handguns even with a permit.

May they all go bankrupt and shutter their doors.

Post imported post

I've had problems at the Walmart in Aurora off of Chambers and Parker. Technically they dont prohibit OC, but they'll hassle you especially if this one particular manager is on duty. I generally just avoid that one and go to the Walmart at Southlands.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

RMGO's merchant awareness program is good. Not only do they list the merchants, but RMGO has a merchant education effort to educate them about how they are actually endangering themselves and their customers by banning law abiding citizens from carrying. See their site for details on how to help.

Post imported post

awesome, thanks for the info. I had no idea that there were so many Tuesday Morning stores in CO. I didn't think there were that many little old ladies to support such a huge number of stores.

I can't believe Colorado Mills does not allow it.

Post imported post

Cinemark has a nationwide policy of no firearms.

Post imported post

Ian wrote:
    Cinemark has a nationwide policy of no firearms.
    Oddly enough I have a nationwide policy of not patronizing Cinemark!

To tell the truth, the last movie I saw in a public theater was Blackhawk Down in 2001. I much prefer my home theater.

Post imported post

entartet17 wrote:
    I've had problems at the Walmart in Aurora off of Chambers and Parker. Technically they dont prohibit OC, but they'll hassle you especially if this one particular manager is on duty. I generally just avoid that one and go to the Walmart at Southlands.
    Really? That's one place where I've never had an issue. No comments, not even a funny look.

Post imported post

FogRider wrote:
    entartet17 wrote:
    Really? That's one place where I've never had an issue. No comments, not even a funny look.
    I've OC'd in there literally a couple hundred times without incident. However, starting a couple months ago I get hassled every time I go in there. They never say I cant OC but it's pretty annoying having them harass me. I spoke with several managers to complain and they just blew me off. They told me they were robbed not that long ago and their employees just get nervous if they see a gun.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

thats a new idea, robbing a movie theater.

"I'd like 2 tickets for Ice Age 3, and all the money in the drawer!"

Post imported post

entartet17 wrote:
    I've OC'd in there literally a couple hundred times without incident. However, starting a couple months ago I get hassled every time I go in there. They never say I cant OC but it's pretty annoying having them harass me. I spoke with several managers to complain and they just blew me off. They told me they were robbed not that long ago and their employees just get nervous if they see a gun.
    Ok, that may be why I haven't noticed. To be honest, I haven't been doing much OCing in the last few months, mostly due to my job (roofing and carrying don't mix well, and I often don't strap up at the end of the day). Sounds like it's time to make a point of carrying there.