Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: How about a list

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    500

    Post imported post

    I know we have a list of general places where you can't open carry like post offices, federal buildings, and schools.

    How about your experiences with specific businesses? Maybe there is a walmart that you know does not allow it based on your past experience. Or you know of a business with a "gun free zone" sign. So how about it? Can we get a list going?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    466

    Post imported post

    I don't know about any that are specifically anti-OC while allowing CC, but here's the list from RMGO of anti-gun businesses:

    http://www.rmgo.org/merchant/merchant_listing.shtml

    and unless it's changed, the manager of Chapel Hills Mall specifically told a local CCW holder that they do not allow handguns even with a permit.

    .
    .
    .
    .
    May they all go bankrupt and shutter their doors.



  3. #3
    Regular Member entartet17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    206

    Post imported post

    I've had problems at the Walmart in Aurora off of Chambers and Parker. Technically they dont prohibit OC, but they'll hassle you especially if this one particular manager is on duty. I generally just avoid that one and go to the Walmart at Southlands.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,187

    Post imported post

    RMGO's merchant awareness program is good. Not only do they list the merchants, but RMGO has a merchant education effort to educate them about how they are actually endangering themselves and their customers by banning law abiding citizens from carrying. See their site for details on how to help.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    500

    Post imported post

    awesome, thanks for the info. I had no idea that there were so many Tuesday Morning stores in CO. I didn't think there were that many little old ladies to support such a huge number of stores.

    I can't believe Colorado Mills does not allow it.

  6. #6
    Lone Star Veteran Ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    712

    Post imported post

    Cinemark has a nationwide policy of no firearms.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    466

    Post imported post

    Ian wrote:
    Cinemark has a nationwide policy of no firearms.
    Oddly enough I have a nationwide policy of not patronizing Cinemark!

    To tell the truth, the last movie I saw in a public theater was Blackhawk Down in 2001. I much prefer my home theater.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    entartet17 wrote:
    I've had problems at the Walmart in Aurora off of Chambers and Parker. Technically they dont prohibit OC, but they'll hassle you especially if this one particular manager is on duty. I generally just avoid that one and go to the Walmart at Southlands.
    Really? That's one place where I've never had an issue. No comments, not even a funny look.

  9. #9
    Regular Member entartet17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    206

    Post imported post

    FogRider wrote:
    entartet17 wrote:
    I've had problems at the Walmart in Aurora off of Chambers and Parker. Technically they dont prohibit OC, but they'll hassle you especially if this one particular manager is on duty. I generally just avoid that one and go to the Walmart at Southlands.
    Really? That's one place where I've never had an issue. No comments, not even a funny look.
    I've OC'd in there literally a couple hundred times without incident. However, starting a couple months ago I get hassled every time I go in there. They never say I cant OC but it's pretty annoying having them harass me. I spoke with several managers to complain and they just blew me off. They told me they were robbed not that long ago and their employees just get nervous if they see a gun.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    500

    Post imported post

    thats a new idea, robbing a movie theater.

    "I'd like 2 tickets for Ice Age 3, and all the money in the drawer!"

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Centennial, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,412

    Post imported post

    entartet17 wrote:
    I've OC'd in there literally a couple hundred times without incident. However, starting a couple months ago I get hassled every time I go in there. They never say I cant OC but it's pretty annoying having them harass me. I spoke with several managers to complain and they just blew me off. They told me they were robbed not that long ago and their employees just get nervous if they see a gun.
    Ok, that may be why I haven't noticed. To be honest, I haven't been doing much OCing in the last few months, mostly due to my job (roofing and carrying don't mix well, and I often don't strap up at the end of the day). Sounds like it's time to make a point of carrying there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •