• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dr.'s Value Vision no weapons signs

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I made an appointment at an optomotrist this evening for my daughter. A recent eye test at her pediatrician indicated she may need glasses. I called around and found Dr.'s Value Vision would see her at 7:00pm. I set the appointment. I arrived promptly at 7:00 pm and my daughter point to a large (not legal sign on their door) sign on the door which prohibited weapons. I went inside and told them I had an appointment at 7:00pm. I also told them I was carrying a handgun. The receptionist said I could leave it in the car. I told her I would not leave it in the car, but if they wanted to make an exception in my case I would remain and have my daughters eyes tested. She said she would ask the manager. She came back and asked if I was law enforcement. I told her no. She said sorry it was corporate policy not to allow weapons on the premisis. I told her sorry it is my policy not to do business with companies who prohibit me from defending myself. I'll make an appointment elsewhere tomorrow. I can't believe in this economy that businesses refuse money. The eye test was $45 and who knows how much I would have spent on purchasing glasses. I may have continued on as a long term customer, but now I will never do business with this company again. :p

This is the location on Moores lane in Brentwood Tennessee.

macville

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
I made an appointment at an optomotrist this evening for my daughter. A recent eye test at her pediatrician indicated she may need glasses. I called around and found Dr.'s Value Vision would see her at 7:00pm. I set the appointment. I arrived promptly at 7:00 pm and my daughter point to a large (not legal sign on their door) sign on the door which prohibited weapons. I went inside and told them I had an appointment at 7:00pm. I also told them I was carrying a handgun. The receptionist said I could leave it in the car. I told her I would not leave it in the car, but if they wanted to make an exception in my case I would remain and have my daughters eyes tested. She said she would ask the manager. She came back and asked if I was law enforcement. I told her no. She said sorry it was corporate policy not to allow weapons on the premisis. I told her sorry it is my policy not to do business with companies who prohibit me from defending myself. I'll make an appointment elsewhere tomorrow. I can't believe in this economy that businesses refuse money. The eye test was $45 and who knows how much I would have spent on purchasing glasses. I may have continued on as a long term customer, but now I will never do business with this company again. :p

This is the location on Moores lane in Brentwood Tennessee.
That's good to know because that's normally where I go get my eyes checked and buy glasses. The next time I am in the mall here in Knoxville I will see if they have a sign up.

Matthew