• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

talk with roseville leo

johnnyd74

imported post

so i was in the aco in roseville, saw a cop in the same aisle as me.....no i was not oc'ing..

so i said what you think about them guys oc'ing??

he said, "i dnt care, its their right, and crime will prob go down."

i almost fell over, he then said i ate breakfast with them not too long ago at national coney.

seem like a good bunch of people, then i said what does your chief think about it?

he said " he told us not to arrest them" then i said what if someone calls in mwag?

he said we will stop and talk to the person.

i said you can't just stop them for oc'ing, he said yes i can......i then said you better get that cleared up before you stop people and detain them for oc!!

he said i wouldnt stop them,like a terry stop!

because i can't just stop people on the street for no reason, i would just ask them how they are doing, and if all seemed good i would leave

he was very nice, and understanding of people's rights of oc'ing

then we bothleft the store!!

Michigander

imported post

I was one of the folks he ate with. ;)

We did a litter clean up over there after we ate breakfast. Definitely a nice bunch of cops.

Michigander

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
It is nice to run into cops that are just doing their job and are supportive of our rights!
They seem to be getting more and more common too. I'm firmly hoping that this recent Sheriff's seminar significantly improves things as well.

Bronson

imported post

I would suggest writing a nice letter to his chief thanking him for the training he is getting his officers and commending this particular officer for his rational and professional attitude.

Bronson

UCWT

imported post

I've ask two where I live.

First was shortly after I found this site on a bike ride with my kid.
Ask if he knows about oc'ing.
He said yeah he knows. Did the research on his own to find out and know about it. Asked if I was going to start. Told him I was waiting for emails about legally doing so on a bicycle but yes. He Said you should be good around here but can't say every department will know and go about it the same as they do. Added note he said almost word for word the same things I got from my emails before I got them.

Second was at the gas station.
He is new to that department so I ask him
I asked "so how do you feel about oc'ing"
I seen in his face he was trying to figure out my question. He says with a puzzled look. " Do you mean open container". Said no and explained as he eyed me as to see if I was carring. Told him he should look into it so he's up on it, said have a safe one and took off.

The clerk I BS with later told me. The LEO, him and the other clerk continued to talk about it for a min when a MSP trooper stopped in and LEO asked MSP if it was true. MSP confirmed it to be accurate. Then asked MSP how they or he feels about it. MSP told him that he wasn't bothered by it.

So I thought that was cool that I brought it to light and right after MSP put that "government OK stamp" right after!

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

UCWT wrote:
I've ask two where I live.

First was shortly after I found this site on a bike ride with my kid.
Ask if he knows about oc'ing.
He said yeah he knows. Did the research on his own to find out and know about it. Asked if I was going to start. Told him I was waiting for emails about legally doing so on a bicycle but yes. He Said you should be good around here but can't say every department will know and go about it the same as they do. Added note he said almost word for word the same things I got from my emails before I got them.

Second was at the gas station.
He is new to that department so I ask him
I asked "so how do you feel about oc'ing"
I seen in his face he was trying to figure out my question. He says with a puzzled look. " Do you mean open container". Said no and explained as he eyed me as to see if I was carring. Told him he should look into it so he's up on it, said have a safe one and took off.

The clerk I BS with later told me. The LEO, him and the other clerk continued to talk about it for a min when a MSP trooper stopped in and LEO asked MSP if it was true. MSP confirmed it to be accurate. Then asked MSP how they or he feels about it. MSP told him that he wasn't bothered by it.

So I thought that was cool that I brought it to light and right after MSP put that "government OK stamp" right after!
Where these Battle Creek LEOs? Mastiff69 is dealing with them. He was told that the City attorney recently is/has sent a memo to the LEOs about lawful OC. Mastiff has requested the memo and as of last night did not get it. He is pursuing the matter. So it would seem that all BC LEOs should be aware of OC.

mikestilly

imported post

Hey guys, we really need this type of LEO and the chief contact here in Warren. Based on the latest court case Detroi LEOs seem to be very uninformed about Michigan bun laws.

Mike

UCWT

imported post

Venator wrote:
Where these Battle Creek LEOs?  Mastiff69 is dealing with them.  He was told that the City attorney recently is/has sent a memo to the LEOs about lawful OC.  Mastiff has requested the memo and as of last night did not get it.  He is pursuing the matter.  So it would seem that all BC LEOs should be aware of OC.

Well I actually live in emmett(just over the line) and we have our own police/fire. All of my dealings with them have been good. Few are cocky but over all do their job!

Now battle creek city cops well that's a different story. I won't say all of them because I have encountered some that were ok.
One of them that really did have a reason to stop me he went totally nuckin futs tryin to extract me from my car by pulling me out of the window telling me I was going to jail for doing a burnout. Seriously like I just killed someone.
I popped open my door jumped out and broke his grip and creatively called him out. Making sure he knew my passenger was a witness to it. To my surprise after doing this I didn't get takin down/shot and he was still off the deep end but thinking about his actions.
Got my info and wrote me a ticket for reckless driving. Told him I'll see you in court and parted.

Later called his voicemail to ask if after he had time to think this over, if he felt he acted in the proper manner for my actions and if the ticket he gave me was just for what I had done, also would welcome the proper ticket if he wanted to meet up to do so.

I admit I was in the wrong for doing the burn out and got caught but his actions were way of base!
Never contacted me and didn't show for court.

I have many dealings with BCPD and for the most part they are something to be desired.

UCWT

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
UCWT, Bronson and any other OC from BC area give me a PM and we can meet....

I am down for a BC meet and greet but I can't pm you my phone is my only internet and it don't send PMs. I can read them from people but can't send them. Bronson gave me his email so I will get with him to get this meet going.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

johnnyd74 wrote:
so i was in the aco in roseville, saw a cop in the same aisle as me.....no i was not oc'ing..

i almost fell over, he then said i ate breakfast with them not too long ago at national coney.

seem like a good bunch of people, then i said what does your chief think about it?

he said " he told us not to arrest them" then i said what if someone calls in mwag?

i said you can't just stop them for oc'ing, he said yes i can......i then said you better get that cleared up before you stop people and detain them for oc!!

because i can't just stop people on the street for no reason, i would just ask them how they are doing, and if all seemed good i would leave

This indeed is a beautiful thing.

smallthunder

imported post

Wow, never thought I would hear this one. :celebrate I've just started OCing two days ago in Ann Arbor and am waiting for issues. :what:

johnnyd74 wrote: