Thread: Double S.O.B

Louisville/Meade County/Etown, Kentucky, USA

Post imported post

Post imported post

"Caster Troy" holster. It'd be pretty uncomfortable to sit down though...

Post imported post

Kinda cool. I guess it has some application.

I like the name. Wonder if they named it after someone.....?

Double S.O.B.

The gentleman's holster that fits into the small of the back. The design allows for concealment of handguns and is wet pressure moulded for a perfect fit. Suede lining is included.

Post imported post

That style of holster has been around for decades.

Google Chic Gaylord.

It is mistakenly called the NY reload.
    Cowboys, Piratesand many others prior to NY even being reckonizedhave long since carried mulitple handguns.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Well thats the first time ive seen it. :P

Post imported post

MontgomeryXIII wrote:
    Me, too. When I first saw it...it reminded me ofone of those Rohrbach ink blots...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Some additional info for consideration:

http://www.thegunzone.com/sob_is_bad.html

SNIP

Before joining S&W, Tom had been a Chicago Police Officer for a number of years, and held some very strong views about that method of carry:

Most modern departments and agencies have specific policies and directives prohibiting anything from being carried over the base of the spine. Never mind a handgun, most Chiefs won't let their officers wear their handcuff case in that position!

Marx made the too-often unconsidered point that cops are invariably wrestling around in alleys and on hard ground with suspects, and any sort of blow or impact to something as hard as 'cuffs or a firearm in that location, could cause serious spinal cord injury! Ouch!

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    MontgomeryXIII wrote:
    Me, too. When I first saw it...it reminded me ofone of those Rohrbach ink blots...

You jest about the more liberal arts. The Rorschach ink blots will lead you to the same place.

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Caster Troy's Holster a Double S.O.B., I.W.B.?
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

Post imported post

RebelHell wrote:
    Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Caster Troy's Holster a Double S.O.B., I.W.B.?

Post imported post

I stand corrected. Thank you.

Post imported post

RebelHell wrote:
    I stand corrected. Thank you.
    Well its for sure that you are not going to sit down with that rig - at least not comfortably.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Post imported post

If it was all I had I think I would sit more comfortably with it than without. :P

Post imported post

RebelHell wrote:
    If it was all I had I think I would sit more comfortably with it than without. :P
    Still, when you went to the movies, you might want to sit down in front. :shock:

That's the way Citizen sits when he goes...........but that's another story.

Yata hey

Post imported post

Yea but two kids could now disarm you. You should be thinking about the children.

Post imported post

Well, this holster is an interesting "novelty", and a very crafty piece of leatherwork, but it looks INCREDIBLY awkward to draw from, and it would SUCK if you had to sit in a chair or car for any length of time. And if you would ever get knocked to the ground in a struggle, it would hurt like hell on the spine and tailbone...

Would be a fun piece to wear on the range with a matched pair of custom 1911's, or as a movie prop in some sort of Quentin Tarantino movie, but I just can't see any positive benefits for wearing it in "real life"...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

I wasnt plannin on buying it..I just thought it was somethin that looked differnent. I agree with you, would be nice on the range or something but not every day real life.