• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Double S.O.B

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Kinda cool. I guess it has some application.

I like the name. Wonder if they named it after someone.....?

122b-new.jpg

Double S.O.B.

The gentleman's holster that fits into the small of the back. The design allows for concealment of handguns and is wet pressure moulded for a perfect fit. Suede lining is included.

Marco

imported post

That style of holster has been around for decades.

Google Chic Gaylord.

It is mistakenly called the NY reload.
Cowboys, Piratesand many others prior to NY even being reckonizedhave long since carried mulitple handguns.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Some additional info for consideration:

http://www.thegunzone.com/sob_is_bad.html

SNIP

[align=left]Before joining S&W, Tom had been a Chicago Police Officer for a number of years, and held some very strong views about that method of carry:

Most modern departments and agencies have specific policies and directives prohibiting anything from being carried over the base of the spine. Never mind a handgun, most Chiefs won't let their officers wear their handcuff case in that position![/align]
Marx made the too-often unconsidered point that cops are invariably wrestling around in alleys and on hard ground with suspects, and any sort of blow or impact to something as hard as 'cuffs or a firearm in that location, could cause serious spinal cord injury! Ouch!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

HankT wrote:
MontgomeryXIII wrote:
Well thats the first time ive seen it. :p

Me, too. When I first saw it...it reminded me ofone of those Rohrbach ink blots...

;)
You jest about the more liberal arts. The Rorschach ink blots will lead you to the same place.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

RebelHell wrote:
I stand corrected. Thank you.
Well its for sure that you are not going to sit down with that rig - at least not comfortably. :)

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

RebelHell wrote:
If it was all I had I think I would sit more comfortably with it than without. :p
Still, when you went to the movies, you might want to sit down in front. :shock:

That's the way Citizen sits when he goes...........but that's another story. :)

Yata hey

Dreamer

imported post

Well, this holster is an interesting "novelty", and a very crafty piece of leatherwork, but it looks INCREDIBLY awkward to draw from, and it would SUCK if you had to sit in a chair or car for any length of time. And if you would ever get knocked to the ground in a struggle, it would hurt like hell on the spine and tailbone...

Would be a fun piece to wear on the range with a matched pair of custom 1911's, or as a movie prop in some sort of Quentin Tarantino movie, but I just can't see any positive benefits for wearing it in "real life"...