Thread: Would I be allowed to carry.

Post imported post

The wife and I are going to see Jeff dunham tomorrow at the Covelli Centre In Youngstown OH. I have called them 5 and 6 times to see if they have a no carry policy. They have yet to give me a yes or no on it. The reasion I want to carry is becase Youngstown has the third highest murder rate in the country and was #1 a few years ago. That and I carry everywhere I go anyways. Everyone I have called who should know either can't give me a straigt answer or give me a guess. Any one here that know if it is a yes or no, would be great.

-I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

Problem is you're calling the wrong person.

I think Peanut makes those decisions. It was Achmad, but him being dead now changes things.

Whatever you do, don't talk to Jose Jalapeno. He's from Mexico. He knows nothing about US gun laws.

Post imported post

Don't worry, Melvin is there to protect you
    No right is held more sacred, or is more carefully guarded, by the common law than the right of every individual to the possession and control of his own person, free from all restraint or interference of others, unless by clear and unquestionable authority of law. Union Pacific Rail Co. vs Botsford as quoted in Terry v Ohio.

Talk to your cats about catnip - before it's too late.

Post imported post

Well I keep sure to keep it out of Walters hands.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.

Post imported post

Do you have a CC permit? Perhaps it would be better to be discrete than open in this situation...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Do you have a CC permit? Perhaps it would be better to be discrete than open in this situation...
    Yes I do have a CC permit and I was planning on carrying this way so I don't cause any undo attention that gets us kicked out. She has be waiting for this for some time now and I would hate being the one to rune it for her.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter

Post imported post

They apparently have no clear policy. If there is nothing posted at the entrance then you should be good to go.

In any case: "Concealed means concealed".

Post imported post

zack991 wrote:
    The wife and I are going to see Jeff dunham tomorrow at the Covelli Centre In Youngstown OH. I have called them 5 and 6 times to see if they have a no carry policy. They have yet to give me a yes or no on it. The reasion I want to carry is becase Youngstown has the third highest murder rate in the country and was #1 a few years ago. That and I carry everywhere I go anyways. Everyone I have called who should know either can't give me a straigt answer or give me a guess. Any one here that know if it is a yes or no, would be great.
    A quick Google search brings up their web site, which gets you to their page on policies http://www.covellicentre.com/securit...procedures.php

What Is Not Permitted Onto Covelli Centre Property
    • No laser pointers, air horns, or noise makers.
    • Weapons of any type, or other items deemed dangerous by security.
    • No large bags, backpacks, or sealed containers (including gifts for entertainers)
    • No bottles, cans, flasks, thermoses, or coolers.
    • No outside food or beverages. Exceptions are made for medical reasons, or baby food, and small children's snacks.
    • No video recorders, audio recorders, or similar electronic devices.
    • No professional cameras.
    • All non-permitted items must be returned to your vehicle. Covelli Centre will not assume responsibility for these items. Confiscated items will not be returned.

As for the folks who offer "concealed is concealed" - why do you propose that others violate either the rules of private property owners or the law? Do you really want to make everyone reading this forun believe we as a community have no regard for rules and laws except to violate them?
    stay safe.

skidmark

*sorry about the bold print in my comment. Could not get the formatting to change from the quoted portion above.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

The question then becomes:

Do their posted rules constitute official notice?

and

Is their posted rule valid? (IOW i.e. do they accept public money and thus cannot forbid lawful carry per applicable state law?)
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    As for the folks who offer "concealed is concealed" - why do you propose that others violate either the rules of private property owners or the law? Do you really want to make everyone reading this forun believe we as a community have no regard for rules and laws except to violate them?
    The right to set a private property rule is not mentioned in the Constitution...

I am not a proponent of private property rights trumping the 2nd Amendment. Thankfully many State and Federal Courts feel the same.
    In a February 18 ruling by a three-judge panel, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit upheld the right of employees to store legally-owned firearms in a locked vehicle while parked on company property -- even if the employer has a rule that prohibits firearms on the worksite

Many States prohibit infringing on the rights of CCW permit holders.

The question is still open... What doesOH law say?

Post imported post

Well we had a blast last night and the place was completely packed. Still pissed they had me pay almost 15 dollars to park. When I got to the building they have a No concealed weapons sign. Normally I leave a place that enforces this policy and refuse to return, but since we paid over 100 bucks to see him and it was my wife's first concert I obeyed the rule. Yet again they said a lot about no camera of any type, I seen at least 100-280 people recording the entire show or taking photos.
    My wife was extremely pissed because she was going to bring her camera and then we saw the no no list. I had seen several people bring coolers full of their own beer and snacks and no one did a thing. I was really tempted to go back to my car and strap up. Yet they place was sold out and I would have spent a longer time getting through the crowd then watching the show. It just pissed me off that they where not enforcing any of the so called rules. The cops at the show were very few for the amount of people we had there, much less couldn’t figure out how to direct cars in and out of a parking lot.

Post imported post

I too think that a natural (God given) right trumps a property right but until we live under religious law I must point out that the BoR protects us against government abuse. It is not about private property.

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    skidmark wrote:
    As for the folks who offer "concealed is concealed" - why do you propose that others violate either the rules of private property owners or the law?¬* Do you really want to make everyone reading this forun believe we as a community have no regard for rules and laws except to violate them?
    The right to set a private property rule is not mentioned in the Constitution...

I am not a proponent of private property rights trumping the 2nd Amendment.¬* Thankfully many State and Federal Courts feel the same.¬*
    In a February 18 ruling by a three-judge panel, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit upheld the right of employees to store legally-owned firearms in a locked vehicle while parked on company property¬* --¬* even if the employer has a rule that prohibits firearms on the worksite

Many States prohibit infringing on the rights of CCW permit holders.¬*

The question is still open...¬*¬* What does¬*OH law say?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!