• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would I be allowed to carry.

zack991

imported post

The wife and I are going to see Jeff dunham tomorrow at the Covelli Centre In Youngstown OH. I have called them 5 and 6 times to see if they have a no carry policy. They have yet to give me a yes or no on it. The reasion I want to carry is becase Youngstown has the third highest murder rate in the country and was #1 a few years ago. That and I carry everywhere I go anyways. Everyone I have called who should know either can't give me a straigt answer or give me a guess. Any one here that know if it is a yes or no, would be great.

WheelGun

imported post

Problem is you're calling the wrong person.

I think Peanut makes those decisions. It was Achmad, but him being dead now changes things.

Whatever you do, don't talk to Jose Jalapeno. He's from Mexico. He knows nothing about US gun laws.

zack991

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Do you have a CC permit? Perhaps it would be better to be discrete than open in this situation...
Yes I do have a CC permit and I was planning on carrying this way so I don't cause any undo attention that gets us kicked out. She has be waiting for this for some time now and I would hate being the one to rune it for her.

flintlock tom

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

They apparently have no clear policy. If there is nothing posted at the entrance then you should be good to go.

In any case: "Concealed means concealed".

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zack991 wrote:
The wife and I are going to see Jeff dunham tomorrow at the Covelli Centre In Youngstown OH. I have called them 5 and 6 times to see if they have a no carry policy. They have yet to give me a yes or no on it. The reasion I want to carry is becase Youngstown has the third highest murder rate in the country and was #1 a few years ago. That and I carry everywhere I go anyways. Everyone I have called who should know either can't give me a straigt answer or give me a guess. Any one here that know if it is a yes or no, would be great.

A quick Google search brings up their web site, which gets you to their page on policies http://www.covellicentre.com/security_building_policies_procedures.php

What Is Not Permitted Onto Covelli Centre Property
  • No laser pointers, air horns, or noise makers.
  • Weapons of any type, or other items deemed dangerous by security.
  • No large bags, backpacks, or sealed containers (including gifts for entertainers)
  • No bottles, cans, flasks, thermoses, or coolers.
  • No outside food or beverages. Exceptions are made for medical reasons, or baby food, and small children's snacks.
  • No video recorders, audio recorders, or similar electronic devices.
  • No professional cameras.
  • All non-permitted items must be returned to your vehicle. Covelli Centre will not assume responsibility for these items. Confiscated items will not be returned.

As for the folks who offer "concealed is concealed" - why do you propose that others violate either the rules of private property owners or the law? Do you really want to make everyone reading this forun believe we as a community have no regard for rules and laws except to violate them?
stay safe.

skidmark

*sorry about the bold print in my comment. Could not get the formatting to change from the quoted portion above.

paramedic70002

imported post

The question then becomes:

Do their posted rules constitute official notice?

and

Is their posted rule valid? (IOW i.e. do they accept public money and thus cannot forbid lawful carry per applicable state law?)

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

skidmark wrote:
As for the folks who offer "concealed is concealed" - why do you propose that others violate either the rules of private property owners or the law? Do you really want to make everyone reading this forun believe we as a community have no regard for rules and laws except to violate them?

The right to set a private property rule is not mentioned in the Constitution...:cool:

I am not a proponent of private property rights trumping the 2nd Amendment. Thankfully many State and Federal Courts feel the same.
In a February 18 ruling by a three-judge panel, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit upheld the right of employees to store legally-owned firearms in a locked vehicle while parked on company property -- even if the employer has a rule that prohibits firearms on the worksite

Many States prohibit infringing on the rights of CCW permit holders.

The question is still open... What doesOH law say?:question:

zack991

imported post

Well we had a blast last night and the place was completely packed. Still pissed they had me pay almost 15 dollars to park. When I got to the building they have a No concealed weapons sign. Normally I leave a place that enforces this policy and refuse to return, but since we paid over 100 bucks to see him and it was my wife's first concert I obeyed the rule. Yet again they said a lot about no camera of any type, I seen at least 100-280 people recording the entire show or taking photos.
My wife was extremely pissed because she was going to bring her camera and then we saw the no no list. I had seen several people bring coolers full of their own beer and snacks and no one did a thing. I was really tempted to go back to my car and strap up. Yet they place was sold out and I would have spent a longer time getting through the crowd then watching the show. It just pissed me off that they where not enforcing any of the so called rules. The cops at the show were very few for the amount of people we had there, much less couldn’t figure out how to direct cars in and out of a parking lot.

paramedic70002

imported post

I too think that a natural (God given) right trumps a property right but until we live under religious law I must point out that the BoR protects us against government abuse. It is not about private property.

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
skidmark wrote:
As for the folks who offer "concealed is concealed" - why do you propose that others violate either the rules of private property owners or the law?  Do you really want to make everyone reading this forun believe we as a community have no regard for rules and laws except to violate them?

The right to set a private property rule is not mentioned in the Constitution...:cool:

I am not a proponent of private property rights trumping the 2nd Amendment.  Thankfully many State and Federal Courts feel the same. 
In a February 18 ruling by a three-judge panel, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit upheld the right of employees to store legally-owned firearms in a locked vehicle while parked on company property  --  even if the employer has a rule that prohibits firearms on the worksite

Many States prohibit infringing on the rights of CCW permit holders. 

The question is still open...   What does OH law say?:question: