• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun-Toting Soccer Mom, Husband Shot Dead

Shorts

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Venator wrote:
Who benefits...hum.....Federal law suit.....hum.... I'm not parinoid, but.

I hope the attorney follows through and can get a settlement for her kids.

I was thinking the same thing. I hope this is finished properly

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,562102,00.html?test=latestnews

"A court hearing on Hain's $1 million lawsuit was postponed in May after an attorney in the case was involved in a traffic accident."

Sonora Rebel

imported post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33220258...me_and_courts/

Of course MSNBC will focus on 'the soccer mom' business rather the details of the murder/suicide. They did'nt bother to include that her husband was the shooter (or the type weapon used). This is a rather tragic turn of events. The anti's will plumb this for all it's worth.Sad... really sad news.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I checked Paul Helmke's blog to see if he put his spin on the story. His blog is very anti-conceal carry. Get ready for that to be the next thing the Brady's go after.

If I am at a rally and I hear him or any one of his minions smear her I'm going to speak up.

KBCraig

imported post

buster81 wrote:
Mise said she had a feeling something bad would eventually happen at the Hain home.

"She just wasn't right," Mise said of Meleanie Hain. "You don't bring a gun to a kids' soccer game, and you don't wear a gun when you go shopping at Kohl's."
What an absolute piece of s#@t this neighbor is!

A mother of three was just murdered, and his response is to accuse her of being "not right"?

Neplusultra

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
I think the "Kellerman Study" argument will be the one we see most. You know, where you are 43 times more likely to be injured or killed in a home where there are guns present than in one with no guns.
Would they have preferred he stab her to death and then hang himself, I guess?

buster81

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
I think the "Kellerman Study" argument will be the one we see most. You know, where you are 43 times more likely to be injured or killed in a home where there are guns present than in one with no guns.
Would they have preferred he stab her to death and then hang himself, I guess?
I'm guessing they would prefer that. Being killed by a knife is much better.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Mise said she had a feeling something bad would eventually happen at the Hain home.

"She just wasn't right," Mise said of Meleanie Hain. "You don't bring a gun to a kids' soccer game, and you don't wear a gun when you go shopping at Kohl's."

Whatta great neighbor! 'Got her 15 seconds of 'fame' badmouthing a murdered woman. .

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
SNIP:
Whatta great neighbor! 'Got her 15 seconds of 'fame' badmouthing a murdered woman. .

Diddo, what a p.o.s.

As of 3:00 this afternoon most of the media reports I have read failed to mention that she was the victim.

MI-copperhead

Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, US
imported post

How sad :(I feel badly for her children. RIP, Meleanie.

StupidA$$ comment by the neighbor, hope she never needs the assistance of an armed citizen to protect her or her loved ones from some goblin.:X

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I am truly saddened, I followed her story closely and we have lost an OC hero.

I view this as another reason why not to trust LEO's with weapons over soccer mom's.

My thoughts go out to her surviving children and loved ones.

If I had any money I would start an OCDO benefit fund in her name.

manicdevery

imported post

MI-copperhead wrote:
How sad :(I feel badly for her children. RIP, Meleanie.

StupidA$$ comment by the neighbor, hope she never needs the assistance of an armed citizen to protect her or her loved ones from some goblin.:X
here here

buster81

imported post

Thndr wrote:
Bad situation...

Here is a link to a post that some of you that knew her and the situation may want to post what was going on as well as defend her and her choices.

http://blogs.roanoke.com/rtblogs/dancasey/2009/10/08/a-gun-and-permit-couldnt-save-soccer-mom/

The kids and family are definitely in thoughts and prayers.
Yeah, this is just another blog entry by an anti-gun hit-man columnist over at the Roanoke Times. I guess he will stop at nothing, regardless of how offensive, to demonstrate his fear ofgun owners. He has stated several times that he supports the second amendment, but only on his terms.IE.Guns are dangerous and you shouldn't have them.This poor lady isn't even dead for a day, and he is salivating over being able to use her as an example of his warped thinking. Disgusting!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Guys!

Don't be thrown into a tizzy over this anti-gunner nonsense. Whilewe are being shocked and offended, the other team is making hay.

Just calmly walk in on their comments sections and knock their arguments out of the park.

Meleanie Hain was coldly murdered while defenseless, and by surprise. By her spouse--not the sort of situation anybody is going to be expecting--otherwise they'd leave the house, taking the kids, and get a protective order. She was a tough lady, willing to buck political correctness to promote self-defense and defense of family.

admiral-PCK

imported post

KBCraig wrote:
buster81 wrote:

What an absolute piece of s#@t this neighbor is!

A mother of three was just murdered, and his response is to accuse her of being "not right"?
As a friend of both Mell, and Deb Mise, I can tell you the media has twisted what Deb M. said to the media. Deb was also a friend of Meleanie.

Rest in peace Mell. Scott rot in hell.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I knew Melanie from some interaction here and on PAFOA. She was a sweet and intelligent woman and a great defender of the RKBA - OC or CC.

RIP, Melanie.