• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carried last night.

Brendon .45

Peoples' Republic of Madison, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I carried around the yard and house last night, including a visit to the neighbors. Nothing unusual to report other than it will take some getting used to. Being in Madison, I am not quite willing to go out on the town yet.

I got the "you look like a dork" from the wife (she's borderline anti, but she is coming around...). And as I was putting it in the nightstand she asked, in a disapproving tone, if it was loaded. My silence spoke volumes. 1911 Cocked &Locked.

ConfederateSoul

imported post

my wife was like that as well at the start. Once we were in our own home(she had always lived with her family before we married) she found the guns to be a comfort and a reassurance.She has even picked out her own gun(Charter Arms Lavendar Lady,lol) to get once this business I am tied up in is taken care of. You think she would be a bit more appreciative, seeing as that home invasion just took place in the P.R.M

Brendon .45

imported post

We actually had a couple burglaries in our neighborhood about a month ago that happened while people were in the house. A month before that was a bunch of cars broken into, including my wife's. It seems as though things may be escalating in my neck of the woods. After the burglaries was when I told her that I was taking a gun from the safe and keeping it upstairs which met with little resistance.

AaronS

imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
I carried around the yard and house last night, including a visit to the neighbors. Nothing unusual to report other than it will take some getting used to. Being in Madison, I am not quite willing to go out on the town yet.

I got the "you look like a dork" from the wife (she's borderline anti, but she is coming around...). And as I was putting it in the nightstand she asked, in a disapproving tone, if it was loaded. My silence spoke volumes. 1911 Cocked &Locked.

I started out with a gun on my hip in my house. After I got used to the extra belt weight, I started to do yard work with it on. Now I carry as much as I can. Every place I can. My summer carry gun is small and light, so on a good day, I could just about forget I have it on. My winter gun is full size, and not as nice to carry, but I have a good holster for it, so I guess I can live with it...

At first, my wife would not go shopping with me at all, but now she deals with it a lot better. I still do not think she likes it, but she is dealing with it. She has a real fear of any interaction with police... No need to wonder why (Milwaukee)...

After seeing what happened to the last Springfield 1911 I know of that was carried (cops still have it), I will not carry my Kimber TLE past my yard just yet... Only one way anyone is going to take that one from me...

Brendon .45

imported post

I hear you on the Kimber!!

I just picked up this Tactical Ultra II and would hate to "lose" it. Another reason I am not ready to go out on the town yet.

I have thought about getting a nice western style holster for my Ruger Super Redhawk with 7 1/2" barrel. See how they like that on State Street :p

AaronS

imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
I hear you on the Kimber!!

I just picked up this Tactical Ultra II and would hate to "lose" it. Another reason I am not ready to go out on the town yet.

I have thought about getting a nice western style holster for my Ruger Super Redhawk with 7 1/2" barrel. See how they like that on State Street :p

Ok, have you been looking in my safe?:what:

I have a Kimber TLE II (W/C.T. Sight). Also have a Super Redhawk (yep 7.5 BBL), w/ Leupold 2X gold ring scope on her (tell me you have the same scope).

I do not have that many guns at all, so it is just real cool to see anyone with my same stuff. Love my .45, and that .44 is just the best (love that fire ball). I did end up getting a small frame Beretta for carry (9000), but it will never be half the gun that my Kimber is...

Brendon .45

imported post

Aaron - no scopeon the Redhawk (yet).

ConfederateSoul - hang in there.

Flipper - Which Shopko did you refer to in that link? I assume it was either Southtown orEast? My wife works at Southtown - she would have a FIT if I showed up there to visit with a gun on my hip. I know what I'm doing next time she works nights.

Most anywhere I go I would probably have my girls with me (5 & 2) which would likely put most people at ease, except for those people who KNOW that guns kill children;)

ConfederateSoul

imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
Aaron - no scopeon the Redhawk (yet).

ConfederateSoul - hang in there.

Flipper - Which Shopko did you refer to in that link? I assume it was either Southtown orEast? My wife works at Southtown - she would have a FIT if I showed up there to visit with a gun on my hip. I know what I'm doing next time she works nights.

Most anywhere I go I would probably have my girls with me (5 & 2) which would likely put most people at ease, except for those people who KNOW that guns kill children;)

Thanks, I'm getting real antsy but patience is what I need.

There's an American Dad vid out there, where Stan's daughter is arguing with him that guns kill people. He pulls his "Glock" out and puts it on the Kitchen table and says, "Come on gun, kill! What are you waiting for? Go on, Kill! Kill!" It's so rediculous, but it's the truth that guns don't kill. Only the person behind the trigger does.

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Brendon .45 wrote:
Flipper - Which Shopko did you refer to in that link? I assume it was either Southtown orEast?

It was the Eastowne location. Be carefull & make sure your recorder is on ever time you step out of your car. Isn't the south Shopko in Monona?

opusd2

imported post

I know it's been a little while since I skulked around the streets of Madtown, but I do think that the Shopko you mentioned is in Monona. And that is one area that is the island, upon the island that is Madison.

I am so glad to be out of Madison. It's nice to be poor out in the sticks, as opposed to fighting for a cardboard box in the city. Am I wrong? Sorry, that couldn't POSSIBLY be Madison...

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

There's an American Dad vid out there, where Stan's daughter is arguing with him that guns kill people. He pulls his "Glock" out and puts it on the Kitchen table and says, "Come on gun, kill! What are you waiting for? Go on, Kill! Kill!" It's so rediculous, but it's the truth that guns don't kill. Only the person behind the trigger does.
Here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCnbs67syao

Brendon .45

imported post

I played that video for my wife - even SHE thought it was funny.

So last night I carried in Gander Mountain up on 51 and today took my 2 year old with me to the west side Menards. I was really nervous but it was uneventful. I think it helped to have a mylittle girl in a pretty dress holding my hand:D

gunguy2009

imported post

Carried Last night in Walmart in Beloit, WI. Went very well, few wierd looks. Shopped for about an hour and a half. Just as My fiance, daughter and I were about to pay, 3 Asst. Managers asked me about my firearm. I said, and they knew it was Wi law that I am able to Open Carry a firearm. They asked me a few questions because a few people had commented "There is a guy with a gun". The onlyreason for that is people of Wisconsin are not aware that OC is legal...But it went pretty well though. They wernt upset at all, they were actually surprizingly knowledgable about Wi OC laws. She said because they are private property and she doesnt know if walmart has a "Firearm Friendly" standpoint, she will have to look into it. But I hope to be soon OC'ing back in walmart once she calls me to tell me if the District Manager (corporate gave the right to them to make the decision) and the Beloit walmart is "Gun Friendly". I will let u all know when I find out, which is suppose to be Tuesday the 13th. Good luck to All

M

McX

imported post

Good Story Brendon. My wife is the same. The most effective statement I've found to use, when I've been in the same situations, and circumstances, as you is: Dear, do you intend to infringe on my CONSTITUTIONAL rights? I always win with that one.

M

McX

imported post

J.Gleason outstanding video. I sent it to everyone I know!

M

McX

imported post

Guys, I've begun an "evil project": We go up north in the summer, like all of this state. We have a seasonal camper on a private campground. Over this past summer, I've been trying to broach the subject of them allowing Open Carry on their private property grounds. So far I've just opened up the idea to them. Next summer I plan to work it more. Nothing of substance to report as of yet. But I intend to try to get some citizen rights allowed there.