• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

'Wise Guy' Ad Warns of Gun Restrictions

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
I caught a brief mention on the 1200 WABC news that made me think that here are more fraudulent purchases by NYC/NYS employees as they posed as prohibited purchasers.
Of course there are. I know Virginia politicians threatened to have bloomie ARRESTED if he gets caught trying to do this chit in Virginia again... He better keep his commie-azz north of the Potomac River if he knows what's good for him!!!

NoVA York

imported post

It sickens me to see the multi-billionaire Mike Bloomberg use tax dollars to sponsor the marketing of his personal views/vendetta. How dare he use the
"nyc.gov" domain to market this filth. Was this "the will of the people?" I highly doubt it.

My friends and family back in NYC are much too worried about the dwindling job market. Bloomberg should invest in job growth and employer retention instead of wasting tax dollars and coming up with new ways to tax everything (i.e. the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax (MCTMT) a tax levied on employers because their employees have access to mass transit... are you serious?!?).

And NYC wonders why I took myself, my wife and child and my consulting firm out of New York City. I am so glad to be a Virginian! And glad that Virginians have adopted me as "their own."

Smurfologist

Springfield by way of Chicago, Virginia, USA
imported post

I have to say that this reminds me of the mess that is going on with ACORN.

I have gone to a gun show in Chantilly, VA and bought two guns (that was categorized as a trade). I do not know if the person that I bought the guns from was a private seller or a dealer. I gave him my two broken guns, and, he sold me two used guns. I did not do a background check (I may have, but, I don't recall doing so), but, I had to show him my driver'slicense and my car registration (now that I think of it, I believe it was a gun dealer that I dealt with). It was a pleasant experience. Yeah, I do believe I had to do a background check (this happened several years ago, so please forgive me). I had to see someone who completed both forms (State and Federal) and I had to sign and date them.

My point is Bloomy makes it seem like all gun shows are corrupt. Maybe if they would issue carry permits in NYC, this issue would not matter (just a thought). But then there would only be people who are law abiding citizens, that may not be able to afford a carry permit (for whatever reason), be discriminated against when they want to purchase a handgun at a gunshow.

I have sold two guns to VA citizens who I reasonably believed were not criminals. There are going to be people that will do thewrong thing no matter what. That is just the way it is. Everyone should not be punished becauseof a few bad apples!! Bloomy would make you believe that everyone is corrupt, which is :cuss:!! OK, I amdone venting!!:what:

The 2nd Amendment... brought to you by Beretta and the number 1791!!:X

eddyys

imported post

Hi guys, I am new to open carry but have recently gotten more involved.

Anyways I was looking at the news this morning and saw this funny, yet very true, article about a McDonnell ad.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/100809_wise_guy_nra_ad_warns_of_gun_restrictions

I am not a resident in VA so I cannot vote, thus I am not trying to sway views. Just an interesting article I though you would like to talk about.

richarcm

imported post

If the gun sellers are breaking the law then they should be removed from the premises and prosecuted. However, despite what these crackheads say, there isn't any criminal activity when there is not a law. The whole point of this campaign is to create the law.

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
I was on CBS 6 here in Richmond at 11 PM about that ad. The final story was pretty good.
Ch. 6 must have been busy yesterday! I was on Ch. 6 at 6pm. They were doing a story about budget cuts in the Henrico Schools and they asked for my view. I had about 4 seconds of fame...:)
Yeah - for every 5 minutes filming you get about 4 seconds on the air.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

VCDL President wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
VCDL President wrote:
I was on CBS 6 here in Richmond at 11 PM about that ad. The final story was pretty good.
Ch. 6 must have been busy yesterday! I was on Ch. 6 at 6pm. They were doing a story about budget cuts in the Henrico Schools and they asked for my view. I had about 4 seconds of fame...:)
Yeah - for every 5 minutes filming you get about 4 seconds on the air.
Andy Warhol said thatI was supposed to get a whole 15 minutes! :)