• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun-toting soccer mom found shot dead

StatTheCat

imported post

Cops: Pa. woman’s 3 children were home during suspected murder-suicide

Jim Zengerle / AP file

Meleanie Hain made headlines after she attended a children's soccer game on Sept. 11, 2008, with a handgun in plain view holstered on her hip.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33224348/displaymode/1176/rstry/33220258/View related photos

LEBANON, Pa. - A soccer mom who gained national attention when she openly carried a loaded gun to her 5-year-old daughter's game was shot dead Wednesday along with her husband in what appeared to be a murder-suicide, police said.

Meleanie Hain and Scott Hain were pronounced dead Wednesday night at their home in Lebanon, a small city about 80 miles west of Philadelphia.

The couple's three children were home at the time but weren't hurt, police said. They were taken to stay with friends and relatives.

revoked her gun-carrying permit nine days later.

Hain successfully appealed the permit revocation, although the judge who restored the permit questioned her judgment and said she had "scared the devil" out of other people at the game.

Harassment[/b]Hain sued DeLeo in federal court, alleging that he violated her constitutional rights and prosecuted her maliciously when he took the permit away. She said that because of his actions her baby-sitting service had suffered, her children had been harassed and she had been ostracized by her neighbors in Lebanon, which has about 25,000 residents.

compmanio365

imported post

Unbelievable.....how incredibly sad. I know she was a big presence on the forum and was one of our most staunch defenders of OC and carry rights. It's never easy when you hear about something like this, and even though I didn't know her I have to say it gave me that feeling of a pit in my stomach. One of our family has departed us.

StatTheCat

imported post

What about showing support and lining the streets for her?

Largest OC in WA?

Manu

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
Yeah, this really sucks. I'm sure the antigun folks will use this as an example of how guns don't protect you. Even though this is more of a domestic violence issue.
You mean to say that theyare going to suggest that, Take away guns from cops and Army too"?

gsx1138

imported post

Manu wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:
Yeah, this really sucks. I'm sure the antigun folks will use this as an example of how guns don't protect you. Even though this is more of a domestic violence issue.
You mean to say that theyare going to suggest that, Take away guns from cops and Army too"?
You should know that police always show up in the nick of time to save people. So we don't need guns. The Army really needs to change their rifles to shoot flowers and pixie dust so that they shower the enemy with love.

inbox485

imported post

From what I've read so far there are a few points that absolutely need to be thrown in the face of anti-gunners that attempt to capitalize on this.

1 - She was murdered. She is not some political pawn. RIP
2 - She was not shot with her own gun. Her gun in no way contributed to her death.
3 - Her husband (the murderous scumbag who got off far too easy for what he did) was a police officer - one of the only ones who can do no wrong. One of the ones the brady campaign for insanity thinks should have firearms while the rest of us (including her) should not.
4 - She mentioned in an interview on Gun Nut Talk that she does not carry at home. Something to consider if you live with a mentally unstable police officer who you are in the process of leaving.

Anti gunners who try to spin this as an example of a gun making you less safe need to have these points thrown in their faces.

Commodore76

imported post

StatTheCat wrote:

Largest OC in WA?

If this is something the forum is interested in, I'll start calling folks I know who might attend something like that. Maybe a chain of contacts to try and organize a little? following the chain of the Patriot Guard Riders email/phone tree? PGR is an excellent mobilization group for fallen Troops.

Contact me if this is something the group or individuals in the group want to do. Of course we'll need signs honoring her and so forth.

My email should be visible... if not, reply to me here and we'll proceed.

Respectfully,

Commodore

Commodore76

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
StatTheCat wrote:

Largest OC in WA?
Difficult to coordinate, but interesting idea

It will be difficult to coordinate. Anything worth doing is usually difficult! I think we should give something a try...

Lots of folks here have made comments about a fallen member of our family. Well, do we MEAN that? I'd stand on a street to honor a member of my family. I know I'm not special and that many here would do thesame.

Commodore76

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Machoduck wrote:
Overclocked, from what they're saying on the Pennsylvania forum, the husband, an only one, shot Melanie and then himself.

MD
What a douche bag, has he never heard of a divorce?

Part of the service that my company provides are free courses to the local Human Response Network. You'd be amazed (I was) at how many men have the "if I can't have you, no one will" mentality. They can't stand the humiliation of a divorce. Hence the reason that our classes are filled with women who are recently divorced or are simply having marital issues that are leading up to proceedings.

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Commodore76 wrote:
0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Machoduck wrote:
Overclocked, from what they're saying on the Pennsylvania forum, the husband, an only one, shot Melanie and then himself.

MD

Part of the service that my company provides are free courses to the local Human Response Network. You'd be amazed (I was) at how many men have the "if I can't have you, no one will" mentality. They can't stand the humiliation of a divorce. Hence the reason that our classes are filled with women who are recently divorced or are simply having marital issues that are leading up to proceedings.
With that mentality they're not "grown up" enough to even be married in the first place.

Commodore76

imported post

0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
0V3RC10CK3D wrote:
Machoduck wrote:

MD

With that mentality they're not "grown up" enough to even be married in the first place.
Agreed. Sad that they can't just let go. There are more fish....

n16ht5

imported post

so are we going to have an OC rally? this is really sad. I feel really bad for the kids