• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which to build?

StatTheCat

imported post

I just finished building three

1-pistol, from a frame

1-24” Stainless with free float tube

1-16” heavy

The 16” has gotten the most use

The 24 is heavy and good optics are expensive (hardly any recoil)

I use the 22 conversion in both the 16 and pistol (fun)

You get a few flies now and then but they both eat up the center of targets (or pop cans)

gsx1138

imported post

I have a completed lower that's been sitting in my safe for the last 6 months. I already have a 16" AR so now I'm thinking of going longer with a Dark Earth look. More of a target model that my daughter would enjoy shooting.

0V3RC10CK3D

imported post

Went with Roggio for the lower receiver and ordered the unlabeled parts kit from blackthorneproducts, I've heard a lot of negative about them but the kit went together just fine.