Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: OC'ing Pennsylvania Soccer Mom shot dead

  1. #1
    Regular Member KittyBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    32

    Post imported post

    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...m_is_shot.html
    Irritating that the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence offered to defend the judge who revoked her permit to carry for free.

    Story of when she first made news OC'ing

    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...at_prospe.html

  2. #2
    Regular Member pmcqueen37's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dearborn Heights, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    246

    Post imported post

    Actually the article states that the Brady bunch would defend the sheriff, that revoked Her license. Its to bad too , probably never thought it would be Her husband that She would have to worry about, if in fact it was a murder / suicide.
    live every day like its your last cause one day you will be right

  3. #3
    Regular Member KittyBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    32

    Post imported post

    pmcqueen37 wrote:
    Actually the article states that the Brady bunch would defend the sheriff, that revoked Her license. Its to bad too , probably never thought it would be Her husband that She would have to worry about, if in fact it was a murder / suicide.
    Ooops, Yeah, I just re~read that, it's a shame what happened, and the Brady bunch probably will try and use this tragedy as an example of why they don't think anyone should own a gun.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Grand County, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    249

    Post imported post

    This is simply very sad; (regardless of her views) she was murdered and her children are orphans, having possibly witnessed what happened. This is tragic. My heart goes out to her family and friends.
    The above quote I agree with. If the ignorant media would take a page out of that book and set a good example, the sheep would follow.



    I've said it before and I'll say it again.

    The biggest "problem" with OC is purely superficial. It can be seen.

    If you're carrying a concealed firearm, does that mean that because people can't see it, that it's not there? The only thing that increases any risks or dangers of OC as compared to CC are the people who react to seeing it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member dougwg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,445

    Post imported post

    R.I.P.

  6. #6
    Regular Member tygereye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Waterford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    347

    Post imported post

    Unbelievable... May she rest in peace...

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Jackson, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    367

    Post imported post

    wow, unbelievable! Her family is in my prayers.



    on another note.... am I the only one who thinks this may not be as reported, and something a little more conspiratorial?

  8. #8
    Regular Member PDinDetroit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SE, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    2,336

    Post imported post

    Kimberguy wrote:
    wow, unbelievable! Her family is in my prayers.

    on another note.... am I the only one who thinks this may not be as reported, and something a little more conspiratorial?
    +1.

    I read some of the comments on the links. Most could not be more uninformed. I especially liked the following statement:

    Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword.
    What most there do not realize is that she most likely did not make her living by using her firearm, she carried it for self-protection. The argument that she was around guns, which is what was used to kill her, does not hold water as THEY hope it would.

    He who loves to fight will surely be taken down by force, He who refuses to fight will be laying under him to cushion his body as it hits the ground.
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

  9. #9
    Regular Member tygereye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Waterford, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    347

    Post imported post

    Kimberguy wrote:
    wow, unbelievable! Her family is in my prayers.



    on another note.... am I the only one who thinks this may not be as reported, and something a little more conspiratorial?
    I am sure there is plenty more to the story than is being let on by the reporters, I just hope that the children, and the rest of the family and friends can get through this. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Farmington Hills, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    538

    Post imported post

    I'm not really sure what to say. Was her husband upset with the media attention, the threat, or did he think she was a danger? Which factor(s) made him decide murder/suicide was the answer? Did he think his children would be better off with two dead parents? I wonder if we'll ever hear the whole story.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    Just goes to show you, if a woman says she fears for her safety because of her husband, you should do everything you can to get her out of that situation that same day. Whatever it takes, whether it be having her and her kids if any stay at your place, or maybe calling a faith based org, or even the cops if the locality has decent ones.

    A sad, sad, sad thing, and it could have been prevented.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    12

    Post imported post


  13. #13
    Regular Member MI-copperhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Anti-urban, Bible thumping, Tekonsha, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    118

    Post imported post

    RIP, Meleanie.
    "Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death !" Patrick Henry

  14. #14
    Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Lansing area, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    6,445

    Post imported post

    CoonDog wrote:
    I'm not really sure what to say. Was her husband upset with the media attention, the threat, or did he think she was a danger? Which factor(s) made him decide murder/suicide was the answer? Did he think his children would be better off with two dead parents? I wonder if we'll ever hear the whole story.
    They have been having marital trouble for a while, the family was demonized by many in their community and they have suffered some financial problems.

    A person that spoke to her a week ago posted that she told him she wanted to get a divorce but was afraid of what he might do. Literal fore-shadowing. So it was a marital problem, perhapsexacerbated by her situation.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

    *The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

  15. #15
    Regular Member Taurus850CIA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,071

    Post imported post

    Meleanie was a true American Patriot. The world needs more people with her heart and courage. For the world to lose such a person is terrible. May she rest in peace.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

    Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

    Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

    The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

    With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Macomb County, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    To bad I wish she had blown that freak away. I'd have never taken the pistol off 24x7 if I was that worried about my significant other. Then again I dont think she moved out so at night there could always be a gun grab unless it was locked up where he couldnt get to it. Probably best to lock it up at night in that situation. Was she shot with her pistol or was it his?

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    Beretta8045 wrote:
    She acknowledged the publicity had detrimentally affected her life. "I have read all sorts of slander, personal attacks, and even threats toward me, my family, and, yes, some specific to my children," she said in the interview.
    Don't know exactly who threatened her, but I think it's safe to assume that the peace loving, hippie, "anti" crowd threatened her and her children?

    Does that make anyone else want to...
    No offense, but whatever you may think about hippies, anyone who would threaten another with violence is not one.

    You don't have to pigeonhole your opponents using the language of partisanship to make a point.

    Anti-gun types may have threatened her, and some hippies may be anti-gun, but threatening others precludes hippydom.

    Finally, true peace-lovers, like myself, abhor violence but recognize it as sometimes necessary to prevent greater violence, and recognize the means for self-defense as the means to peace.

    Declaring that someone who dislikes guns and threatens another "peace-loving" is a contradiction in terms.

    Peace-lovers like guns, and they don't threaten.

    I think you'd find that, in addition to being a peace-lover, I have some "hippy" characteristics as well. What you've just done is associate a fellow gun rights advocate with genuinely aggressive antigunners.

    This is why it's harmful to ascribe characteristics to your opponents other than disagreement you share. You just can't prevent insulting people who are on your side by stereotyping and using the demeaning language of partisan rhetoric.

    That, and it just makes us look like fools who view the world as black and white. Describe your opponents for what they are, and avoid stereotypes.

    Vicious antigunners are not hippies, and they are not peace-lovers. They are shrill, aggressive opponents of liberty. Something which most hippies and peace-lovers are not.

  18. #18
    Regular Member autosurgeon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lawrence, Michigan, United States
    Posts
    3,845

    Post imported post

    One of the articles mentioned that the police said her gun was found fully loaded in her backpack hanging on the door knob to the room she was in at the time he killed her.

    From that I would guess that he used his own gun.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

    Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

  19. #19
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487

    Post imported post

    How about:

    He who loves to fight will surely be taken down by force. He who refuses to fight will be felled without it.

  20. #20
    Guest

    Post imported post

    marshaul wrote:
    Beretta8045 wrote:
    She acknowledged the publicity had detrimentally affected her life. "I have read all sorts of slander, personal attacks, and even threats toward me, my family, and, yes, some specific to my children," she said in the interview.
    Don't know exactly who threatened her, but I think it's safe to assume that the peace loving, hippie, "anti" crowd threatened her and her children?

    Does that make anyone else want to...
    No offense, but whatever you may think about hippies, anyone who would threaten another with violence is not one.

    You don't have to pigeonhole your opponents using the language of partisanship to make a point.

    Anti-gun types may have threatened her, and some hippies may be anti-gun, but threatening others precludes hippydom.

    Finally, true peace-lovers, like myself, abhor violence but recognize it as sometimes necessary to prevent greater violence, and recognize the means for self-defense as the means to peace.

    Declaring that someone who dislikes guns and threatens another "peace-loving" is a contradiction in terms.

    Peace-lovers like guns, and they don't threaten.

    I think you'd find that, in addition to being a peace-lover, I have some "hippy" characteristics as well. What you've just done is associate a fellow gun rights advocate with genuinely aggressive antigunners.

    This is why it's harmful to ascribe characteristics to your opponents other than disagreement you share. You just can't prevent insulting people who are on your side by stereotyping and using the demeaning language of partisan rhetoric.

    That, and it just makes us look like fools who view the world as black and white. Describe your opponents for what they are, and avoid stereotypes.

    Vicious antigunners are not hippies, and they are not peace-lovers. They are shrill, aggressive opponents of liberty. Something which most hippies and peace-lovers are not.
    As a post middle-aged hippy, thanks. I couldn't have said it better myself.

    Some of us hippies are patriots too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •