• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'ing Pennsylvania Soccer Mom shot dead

pmcqueen37

imported post

Actually the article states that the Brady bunch would defend the sheriff, that revoked Her license. Its to bad too , probably never thought it would be Her husband that She would have to worry about, if in fact it was a murder / suicide.

KittyBomb

imported post

pmcqueen37 wrote:
Actually the article states that the Brady bunch would defend the sheriff, that revoked Her license. Its to bad too , probably never thought it would be Her husband that She would have to worry about, if in fact it was a murder / suicide.
Ooops, Yeah, I just re~read that, it's a shame what happened, and the Brady bunch probably will try and use this tragedy as an example of why they don't think anyone should own a gun.

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

This is simply very sad; (regardless of her views) she was murdered and her children are orphans, having possibly witnessed what happened. This is tragic. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

The above quote I agree with. If the ignorant media would take a page out of that book and set a good example, the sheep would follow.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The biggest "problem" with OC is purely superficial. It can be seen.

If you're carrying a concealed firearm, does that mean that because people can't see it, that it's not there? The only thing that increases any risks or dangers of OC as compared to CC are the people who react to seeing it.

Kimberguy

imported post

wow, unbelievable! Her family is in my prayers.

on another note.... am I the only one who thinks this may not be as reported, and something a little more conspiratorial?

PDinDetroit

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:

on another note.... am I the only one who thinks this may not be as reported, and something a little more conspiratorial?
+1.

I read some of the comments on the links. Most could not be more uninformed. I especially liked the following statement:

Live by the Sword, Die by the Sword.
What most there do not realize is that she most likely did not make her living by using her firearm, she carried it for self-protection. The argument that she was around guns, which is what was used to kill her, does not hold water as THEY hope it would.

He who loves to fight will surely be taken down by force, He who refuses to fight will be laying under him to cushion his body as it hits the ground.

tygereye

imported post

Kimberguy wrote:

I am sure there is plenty more to the story than is being let on by the reporters, I just hope that the children, and the rest of the family and friends can get through this. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

CoonDog

imported post

I'm not really sure what to say. Was her husband upset with the media attention, the threat, or did he think she was a danger? Which factor(s) made him decide murder/suicide was the answer? Did he think his children would be better off with two dead parents? I wonder if we'll ever hear the whole story.

Michigander

imported post

Just goes to show you, if a woman says she fears for her safety because of her husband, you should do everything you can to get her out of that situation that same day. Whatever it takes, whether it be having her and her kids if any stay at your place, or maybe calling a faith based org, or even the cops if the locality has decent ones.

A sad, sad, sad thing, and it could have been prevented. :cry:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

CoonDog wrote:
I'm not really sure what to say. Was her husband upset with the media attention, the threat, or did he think she was a danger? Which factor(s) made him decide murder/suicide was the answer? Did he think his children would be better off with two dead parents? I wonder if we'll ever hear the whole story.

They have been having marital trouble for a while, the family was demonized by many in their community and they have suffered some financial problems.

A person that spoke to her a week ago posted that she told him she wanted to get a divorce but was afraid of what he might do. Literal fore-shadowing. So it was a marital problem, perhapsexacerbated by her situation.

Taurus850CIA

imported post

Meleanie was a true American Patriot. The world needs more people with her heart and courage. For the world to lose such a person is terrible. May she rest in peace.

mikestilly

imported post

To bad I wish she had blown that freak away. I'd have never taken the pistol off 24x7 if I was that worried about my significant other. Then again I dont think she moved out so at night there could always be a gun grab unless it was locked up where he couldnt get to it. Probably best to lock it up at night in that situation. Was she shot with her pistol or was it his?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Beretta8045 wrote:
She acknowledged the publicity had detrimentally affected her life. "I have read all sorts of slander, personal attacks, and even threats toward me, my family, and, yes, some specific to my children," she said in the interview.

Don't know exactly who threatened her, but I think it's safe to assume that the peace loving, hippie, "anti" crowd threatened her and her children?

Does that make anyone else want to... :banghead:
No offense, but whatever you may think about hippies, anyone who would threaten another with violence is not one.

You don't have to pigeonhole your opponents using the language of partisanship to make a point.

Anti-gun types may have threatened her, and some hippies may be anti-gun, but threatening others precludes hippydom.

Finally, true peace-lovers, like myself, abhor violence but recognize it as sometimes necessary to prevent greater violence, and recognize the means for self-defense as the means to peace.

Declaring that someone who dislikes guns and threatens another "peace-loving" is a contradiction in terms.

Peace-lovers like guns, and they don't threaten.

I think you'd find that, in addition to being a peace-lover, I have some "hippy" characteristics as well. What you've just done is associate a fellow gun rights advocate with genuinely aggressive antigunners.

This is why it's harmful to ascribe characteristics to your opponents other than disagreement you share. You just can't prevent insulting people who are on your side by stereotyping and using the demeaning language of partisan rhetoric.

That, and it just makes us look like fools who view the world as black and white. Describe your opponents for what they are, and avoid stereotypes.

Vicious antigunners are not hippies, and they are not peace-lovers. They are shrill, aggressive opponents of liberty. Something which most hippies and peace-lovers are not.

autosurgeon

imported post

One of the articles mentioned that the police said her gun was found fully loaded in her backpack hanging on the door knob to the room she was in at the time he killed her.

From that I would guess that he used his own gun.

G

imported post

marshaul wrote:
Beretta8045 wrote:
She acknowledged the publicity had detrimentally affected her life. "I have read all sorts of slander, personal attacks, and even threats toward me, my family, and, yes, some specific to my children," she said in the interview.

Don't know exactly who threatened her, but I think it's safe to assume that the peace loving, hippie, "anti" crowd threatened her and her children?

Does that make anyone else want to... :banghead:
No offense, but whatever you may think about hippies, anyone who would threaten another with violence is not one.

You don't have to pigeonhole your opponents using the language of partisanship to make a point.

Anti-gun types may have threatened her, and some hippies may be anti-gun, but threatening others precludes hippydom.

Finally, true peace-lovers, like myself, abhor violence but recognize it as sometimes necessary to prevent greater violence, and recognize the means for self-defense as the means to peace.

Declaring that someone who dislikes guns and threatens another "peace-loving" is a contradiction in terms.

Peace-lovers like guns, and they don't threaten.

I think you'd find that, in addition to being a peace-lover, I have some "hippy" characteristics as well. What you've just done is associate a fellow gun rights advocate with genuinely aggressive antigunners.

This is why it's harmful to ascribe characteristics to your opponents other than disagreement you share. You just can't prevent insulting people who are on your side by stereotyping and using the demeaning language of partisan rhetoric.

That, and it just makes us look like fools who view the world as black and white. Describe your opponents for what they are, and avoid stereotypes.

Vicious antigunners are not hippies, and they are not peace-lovers. They are shrill, aggressive opponents of liberty. Something which most hippies and peace-lovers are not.
As a post middle-aged hippy, thanks. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Some of us hippies are patriots too.