Thread: CPL Application

Post imported post

Ok, went today to turn in my application, and although a little shocked that they don't even allow camera phones into the building, everything went smoothly, and the clerk told me I would be receiving my CPL in the mail within 4 - 6 weeks. I headed over to get printed, and other than the wait there, (there was at least 4 - 5 others there to be printed for CPL's), things again went fine!!

I can't wait to finally get it!! I think some dancing banana's are in order here!!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate :celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

thats great heres some dancing bananas:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    could you please put michigan in your profile

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Did you go to the one on Henry Ruff near Michigan Ave. ?

Post imported post

Cabman, I am VERY certain, that I have had Michigan on my profile, since I signed up, so I have no idea why it is missing now. I don't even have the "state" drop down menu anymore on my profile, so I just added MI to my profile.... interesting....

Doug, I went to the court house off Telegraph/Pontiac Lake Road

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

Got my renewal from Clinton County in 24 days. Not bad. I'm surprised they renewed it what with all my OCing.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Just FYI Michigan needs to spelled out. Abbreviations don't trigger the forum software to count you for MI.

Congratz on the CPL :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

Congrats from me and Yooperlady Tygereye!! A CPL will definitely make getting around easier for you.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Post imported post

Thanks everyone!! I can't wait!

Post imported post

I got mine in Oakland County as well. It took 6 weeks to the day I submitted the paperwork. You will "feel" much freer about OC when you can get in and out of your vehicle without handling your firearm (casing/uncasing).
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
    You will "feel" much freer about OC when you can get in and out of your vehicle without handling your firearm (casing/uncasing).
    I think the funny and ironic thing is that OCers who practice unlicensed OC for any amount of time actually become less legally savvy and legally conscious after they get CPL's. All of a sudden everything is good to go almost everywhere, and you don't care anymore.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Congrad's!!! ! ! ! ! !! ! :celebrate

Post imported post

WTG!!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrateNow if I could only get into Michigan so I could turn mine in...hehehehe. Well, deer season is coming up quick...no time like then I guess//
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....