• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL Application

tygereye

imported post

Ok, went today to turn in my application, and although a little shocked that they don't even allow camera phones into the building, everything went smoothly, and the clerk told me I would be receiving my CPL in the mail within 4 - 6 weeks. I headed over to get printed, and other than the wait there, (there was at least 4 - 5 others there to be printed for CPL's), things again went fine!!

I can't wait to finally get it!! I think some dancing banana's are in order here!!

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

tygereye

imported post

Cabman, I am VERY certain, that I have had Michigan on my profile, since I signed up, so I have no idea why it is missing now. I don't even have the "state" drop down menu anymore on my profile, so I just added MI to my profile.... interesting....

Doug, I went to the court house off Telegraph/Pontiac Lake Road

B

Bikenut

imported post

Congrats from me and Yooperlady Tygereye!! A CPL will definitely make getting around easier for you.

PDinDetroit

imported post

I got mine in Oakland County as well. It took 6 weeks to the day I submitted the paperwork. You will "feel" much freer about OC when you can get in and out of your vehicle without handling your firearm (casing/uncasing).

Michigander

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
You will "feel" much freer about OC when you can get in and out of your vehicle without handling your firearm (casing/uncasing).
I think the funny and ironic thing is that OCers who practice unlicensed OC for any amount of time actually become less legally savvy and legally conscious after they get CPL's. All of a sudden everything is good to go almost everywhere, and you don't care anymore.

SlowDog

imported post

WTG!!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrateNow if I could only get into Michigan so I could turn mine in...hehehehe. Well, deer season is coming up quick...no time like then I guess//