• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safeway manager asked my help

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Ha ha ha

So SeaTac area finding out the wild west style of carrying works after all.

This should be a lesson for all open carriers....Deros, Manu, and Bookman have gotten alot of respect from a Large store like Safeway , who helped sponsor the last couple of SeaTac meets and their community. A large part is because of the manner and demeanor they have for themselves. I want to thank you guys for what you are doing and keep up the fine fight.

To give credit where credit is due, this acceptance we're seeing around this area is due mostly to DEROS72 and his almost daily walks to the Starbucks at Safeway. He's the one who has desensitized the people around here about open carry. He lived here for over a year before I moved into the same apartment complex and carries everywhere he goes. People have just gotten used to seeing him out and about, .45 strapped to his belt, every day.

That being said, the thing I like most about what's happening around here is that people have told both of us, together and individually, that they feel safer when we're around. The manager here made a special deal on the rent , and expedited things for me when I moved in, KNOWING that I OC. You should have seen her grin when I first told her I was interested. Also, some of my new neighbors actually THANKED me for moving in here.

John Hardin

imported post

Deros, you and Bookman ought to write up an article about this; how your daily no-nonsense no-hysteria OC has enlightened the people around you - overcome thoughtless hysteria, gained acceptance and even approval, and shown that it's not what opponents make it out to be.

Take your time, make it professional and polished for publication - and see if it can get some national press and, ideally, generate some positive visibility outside our community to counter the "wild west gun-slinging wackos" stereotype that many have.

Anybody know a good ghostwriter or a skilled, literate, sympathetic journalist?

DEROS72

imported post

In all honesty that rent was a special for a couple ofthe months for everyone.They were trying to rent out all their studios. I advised you to check it before you moved here because they were running the special.They don't provide extras Because we Oc .They follow state law.When they gave me the cabana for the meetsthey couldn't refuse because they do it for other tenants.The presence here has kept the heads down of some and the fact I call the cops on these dealers around here especially the one behind me that were partying all night in the parking lot.They have been very quiet of late.Also note Manu was open carrying long before he heard of OCDO.

It is not only the Safeway or the Starbucks.I am at the Fredmeyer often.the Seatac Mall ,Downtown when I see j213 for lunch, at the Glen Beck rally,the Tea party in Olympia. on the buses to the doctors the dentist etc. Everywhere .It is matter of just doing it at all time and the image you present to folks and how you interact that makes them comfotable with it.It's a matter of making it everyday routine and not something that is just sometimes.The right to bare arms is on of the most important things we have right now.Without it we lose all .