• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA gun shops

rady8um

imported post

So... I have a bad memory and I am too lazy to wade through thousands of VA posts.

Can you guys help me to find the name of one of the dealers that got screwed by Bloomberg last year(this year?). I'll be in Richmond for the folk fest this weekend and swore I'd spend a few bucks to help support this guy.

curtiswr

imported post

Bob Moates

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=28896&forum_id=54&highlight=Moates
2. Bob Moates has passed away

It's with a heavy heart that I must announce the death of gun store owner Bob Moates on Tuesday due to cancer.

I will always remember Bob as one of the few gun dealers who stood up to Michael Bloomberg, when Bloomberg tried to use a bogus lawsuit scheme to destroy several gun dealers in Virginia.

Vigilante Bloomberg sent some private goons to gun stores in Virginia in hopes of entrapping gun dealers in what turned out to be an amateurish attempt at faking "straw purchases."

Bloomberg completely bypassed Virginia law enforcement in his scheme. That infuriated the General Assembly, which passed a law making what Bloomberg did a felony, should he try it again.

VCDL supported Bob's fight with Bloomberg by having the "Bloomberg Gun Giveaway", which drew a crowd of over 300 people to a VCDL meeting in Northern Virginia.

Bob stood up and won, while those that caved in to Bloomberg pretty much went out of business.

For those who would like to give their final respects to Bob, there is a wake on Friday from 6 PM to 8 PM at the Bliley Funeral Home, just west of Chippenham Parkway on Route 360 (Hull Street Road). I will be there representing VCDL.

The funeral service will be at 10 AM Saturday at Bliley's and Bob will be interred at a newly opened section of the Hollywood Cemetery.

Bob loved Virginia's civil war history and he has found the perfect resting place.

Godspeed, Bob.
http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=15283&forum_id=54