• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

News story: Stop-And-Frisk Practice On Rise In US

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Hmmmm, "the numbers are rising as the crime rate is dropping."

Is this because the citizens the police are stopping and frisking are not criminals?

Gee, what if they stop and frisk criminals? Would the crime rate go up then?

Maybe if they weren't letting the criminals that buy them off go by with out stopping and frisking them the numbers would be more accurate.

Ever seriously wonder how many cops are on the take? I am not trying to be a cop basher here, but really. How is it they are stop frisking all of these people and the crime rate is going down, even though they are not finding anything on any of the citizens they are stopping?

Just some more bogus hyped up media crap in support of the anti's.

FLR&@

imported post

"It's so common in some areas that community groups have begun offering classes on how to behave when stopped."

And being taught what?

M

McX

imported post

They need to change the terminology to something more politically correct: Stop, touch, and generate warm feelings!

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
maybe they will learn how some of us see them.
Maybe.

Too often they see themselves as instructors and somehow more knowledgeable. To a hammerhead, all is nail. To a cop, all are "civilians" as though there is a hierarchy of citizens.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
maybe they will learn how some of us see them.
Maybe.

Too often they see themselves as instructors and somehow more knowledgeable. To a hammerhead, all is nail. To a cop, all are "civilians" as though there is a hierarchy of citizens.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.
I agree with this.