• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ever mod a holster?

jay75009

imported post

i usualy carry a custom glaco leather pancake for my beretta 92f. but i moved very recently and the holster disapeared somehow!

very distraught and saddened when i realised i only had $20 to my name decided to go to a army navy store to see what used POS's they offered :(

i ended up getting a "strong" duity model made ouf of what appars to be kydex wrapped in nylon???

it was originaly usedas a duty holster for what looks like a large frame glock, cost me $8.00 . I removed the belt attatchement wich was at a slight z angle to hold it away from the officer using it*fixed on with 3 hex screws* and flattened it right out with a very scientific method * i stepped on it till it was flat*:lol:

i then removed the thumbsnap *yet again 2 hex screws* and drilled two holes about 1/4 inch under the originals holesand re-assembled it using the new ones

put her on my belt.......sliped my beretta in, thumb retention now fits over the hammer.............and it rides close to my body as a pancake would!!!!!

anyone else ever mod a cheapo to make a gem?:celebrate

superdemon

imported post

I wanted a highly padded nylon inside-the-pants holster for my Kel-Tec, which I carry hiking, fishing, camping, etc. I couldn't find any that had enough padding to not irritate me after having worn it for a couple of hours under extreme exertion, such as summer hiking.

So....

I took a heavily padded, generic"multi-fit" holster, put my Kel-Tec in it (unloaded, of course), then using heavy nylon thread and a leather stitching needle, stitched around the gun through both sides of the holster. The stitching followed the outside line of the gun very tightly, so in effect, I made the holster custom fit the Kel-Tec.

I also customized all my Fobus holsters.

I turned my oven on "warm", and put the holster in it for about 5 minutes. I took them out and put the gun in the holsterwhile theywere still hot, and let them cool overnight. They now fit the guns tighter than they did from the factory.

I also replaced the belt straps on my shoulder rigs with a stretchy, rubbery strap to goaround my belt Now the rigs are held close to my sides, but if I have to bend over, the belt straps give just enough to allow freedom of movement.