Thread: Gun-toting soccer mom, husband shot dead

Post imported post

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/08/...ead/index.html

Sad news and more fodder for the anti's.

Post imported post

I heard this on my AM radio driving in my truck and wondered if anyone else had heard it. TY for posting it as I was going to post a dumb thread "anyone else hear about Melanie?) Dang, this absolutely sucks canal water. May God rest her soul, and I know it sounds terrible but I hope it wasn't a murder/suicide. As you said, more fodder for the antis.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

very sad and a step backwards for everyone giving the anti's more fuel for there fire. I can only hope that evidence will point to him attacking her, her acting in self defense and then taking her own life to avoid possible consequences. The fact that she had talked previously about a protective order against him leads me to believe this might be a possibility, a sad day none the less. I feel sorry for the children involved in this as well.

Post imported post

B O H I C A
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum46/32521.html

Edit: Come on folks, a member of this forum and by all accounts a fine human being was just horribly murdered. Let's show some respect for her before we coldly discuss the political ramifications etc. That last remark somehow seemed disrespectful, even though I understand the sentiment.

Post imported post

I apologize if I come off as callous. I'm sorry that I feel more angered by this than saddened. My sympathies go out to anyone touched by this tragedy and I'm not trying to take anything away from the personal aspect of this story. I've got nothing bad to say about any person involved in this incident.I do remain pissed about this story and I should be able to say so. With this being a pro-gun forum you'd think that one might be able to react to the political side of the issue without catching flack for not expressing the emotional side. Excuse the hell out of me. And with that, I'll **** now.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/09/...ef=werecommend

Looks like she was murdered by her husband then he killed himself. Very sad, especially for the children who were orphaned.

Post imported post

Melanie was shot while on an Internet/video chat with a friend. "Officials say the online friend saw Scott Hain fire several times."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

This is a very sad thing for those children.