• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun-toting soccer mom, husband shot dead

KansasMustang

imported post

I heard this on my AM radio driving in my truck and wondered if anyone else had heard it. TY for posting it as I was going to post a dumb thread "anyone else hear about Melanie?) Dang, this absolutely sucks canal water. May God rest her soul, and I know it sounds terrible but I hope it wasn't a murder/suicide. As you said, more fodder for the antis.

Ezrider

imported post

very sad and a step backwards for everyone giving the anti's more fuel for there fire. I can only hope that evidence will point to him attacking her, her acting in self defense and then taking her own life to avoid possible consequences. The fact that she had talked previously about a protective order against him leads me to believe this might be a possibility, a sad day none the less. I feel sorry for the children involved in this as well.

hopnpop

imported post

I apologize if I come off as callous. I'm sorry that I feel more angered by this than saddened. My sympathies go out to anyone touched by this tragedy and I'm not trying to take anything away from the personal aspect of this story. I've got nothing bad to say about any person involved in this incident.I do remain pissed about this story and I should be able to say so. With this being a pro-gun forum you'd think that one might be able to react to the political side of the issue without catching flack for not expressing the emotional side. Excuse the hell out of me. And with that, I'll STFU now.