• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

In the process of writing two local anti-OC gun stores...

malignity

imported post

Thanks. Is he the italian or caldean looking guy that's ALWAYS there? He and I had a conversation about OC once, and he said while, he did not necessarily agree with OC, that it would not be a problem if someone OC'd in their store. Once I actually DID OC in his store however, he seemed to have a cow; and told me that I was only able to return to his store if my weapon was concealed. This is why I believe a letter is in order.

G

imported post

Yes that's Ray.

I also posted for you at TOS.

Tag you're it.

malignity

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Yes that's Ray.

I also posted for you at TOS.

Tag you're it.
TOS?
Sorry? Not sure what that is. I imagine you're referring to Michigan Gun Owners? :)

Anyway, I'm still working on everything here, and I've gotta bolt off to work. (Lovely midnight shift.) Thanks for the quick replies.

Michigander

imported post

malignity wrote:
PDinDetroit wrote:
I do not like Target as they force you to use their ammo (unless it is .22 Caliber Rimfire).
I'm not sure when you were there last, but this isn't the case, and hasn't been since I've gone there. I've always brought my own ammo. You just can't use Wolf garbage there is all.
The thing they don't like is steel jacketed or rifle rounds. They have a magnet to test ammo people bring in. I can attest to steel washed jackets penetrating like crazy with how I got shot...

But about wolf, it is very good ammo if you don't have a delicate and pickly little AR which can't handle the dirty burning powder. And even if you do, wolf case reloads could make great AR ammo. You never have to trim steel case ammo, and it feeds extremely smoothly if there is no lacquer. Feeds better than shiny brass in my experience. Yep, I'm a wolf fan, so long as it isn't military classic.

PDinDetroit

imported post

Michigander wrote:
malignity wrote:
PDinDetroit wrote:
I do not like Target as they force you to use their ammo (unless it is .22 Caliber Rimfire).
I'm not sure when you were there last, but this isn't the case, and hasn't been since I've gone there. I've always brought my own ammo. You just can't use Wolf garbage there is all.
The thing they don't like is steel jacketed or rifle rounds. They have a magnet to test ammo people bring in. I can attest to steel washed jackets penetrating like crazy with how I got shot...

But about wolf, it is very good ammo if you don't have a delicate and pickly little AR which can't handle the dirty burning powder. And even if you do, wolf case reloads could make great AR ammo. You never have to trim steel case ammo, and it feeds extremely smoothly if there is no lacquer. Feeds better than shiny brass in my experience. Yep, I'm a wolf fan, so long as it isn't military classic.
You and I will have to get up the the pit and shoot my Mini-14's with some of that ammo (mini-14's seen not to be picky). I have been thinking of picking some Wolf up to try. Any suggestions as to what kind and where to pick it up? I have a 15% off coupon for up to 10 boxes at Dunhams Sports, and have seen Wolf at the John R & 13 1/2 Mile Road store.

I will be up to the Lapeer State Game Area on Saturday for bowhunting, if I can ever fall asleep!

G

imported post

Stay away from any of the wolf with lacquer on the cases.

Also keep in mind that the mini-14 is chambered for .223 Remington and not 5.56 NATO.

FatboyCykes

imported post

Michigander wrote:
malignity wrote:
PDinDetroit wrote:

You're obviously a communist.

PDinDetroit

imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
Stay away from any of the wolf with lacquer on the cases.

Also keep in mind that the mini-14 is chambered for .223 Remington and not 5.56 NATO.
Actually, the newer versions handle both just fine! Serial Numbers 580-xxxxx and above handle both Calibers per RUGER Manuals and Website. It is only the Mini-14 Target Model that is limited to .223 Remington. See link and bold/italics below.

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/PDF/InstructionManuals/55.pdf

The RUGER® MINI-14® RANCH RIFLES are offered in two calibers: the .223 Remington (5.56mm) cartridge and the 6.8mm Remington SPC cartridge. The Target Model uses .223 Remington cartridges only.

RUGER® MINI THIRTY RIFLES are chambered for the 7.62 x 39mm cartridge, and can use either standard U.S. military or factory loaded sporting 7.62 x 39mm cartridges manufactured in accordance with U.S. industry practice. Do not attempt to use any other cartridges in this rifle, even though “7.62mm” may appear in their names (i.e., 7.62 x 51mm NATO [.308 Winchester]; 7.62 Tokarev; 7.62 x 54 Rimmed Russian, etc.).

The Mini-14 Ranch and Mini Thirty Rifles are designed to use either standardized U.S. military, or factory loaded sporting cartridges manufactured in accordance with U.S. industry practice. Always be careful to ensure you are using the correct ammunition for your rifle. See “Ammunition Notice” & “Warning - Ammunition,” below. USE ONLY FACTORY
Standardized U.S. Military = 5.56 NATO

Factory Loaded Sporting Cartridges = .223 Remington

I have used 2500+ rounds of 5.56 and/or .223 through them with no issue.