• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Victim Joins Fight Against "Straw Buying"

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Shooting Victim Joins Fight Against "Straw Buying"
By Heather Shannon

MILWAUKEE -

A Milwaukee man was shot three times last year. He's still recovering.
Six bullet holes, from where the bullets went in and out, cover his arm, back, and side. He's so nervous about retaliation that he doesn't want us to use his name. The woman who bought the gun used to shoot him is back on the streets after just ten months in jail.
The shooting left him unable to work. He lost his job. He has tens of thousands of dollars in medical bills. He believes he's suffering more than the person who bought the gun used to shoot him.
"Are you angry that she wasn't in jail for longer?" reporter Heather Shannon asked.
"Yeah. She's just as much at fault as the guy who shot me. The one she gave the gun to," he said.
He wants straw purchasing... where a person without a criminal record buys a gun for a convicted felon... made a felony in Wisconsin. City leaders called for the same thing at a news conference last week.
The victim's cousin thinks if people knew buying a gun for a felon meant spending several years in prison, they'd think twice.
"It should have been a felony a long time ago," he said.
The man convicted of shooting the victim hasn't been sentenced yet. He'll be sentenced in November.

But the victim doesn't want to give his name? Why not?
If he feels so strongly about this issue and he truly is a victim, then why not give your name? Or is this just another made up story by the Nazi Media to help out Furor Flynn?

The woman who purchased the gun did 10 months in jail and the shooter hasn't even seen trial yet? Hmmm, that sounds kind of odd to me.

FLR&@

imported post

Through this whole thing I have been hearing the media, mayor, ect say "We are going to / needto make straw purchases a felony!"

If what they mean is make a straw purchase a mandatory felony they should say that, and I would be all for it.The real problem is the DA's obviously are not prosecuting them as feloniesand the judges are letting it happen. So who is rely to blame?

Now this girl who made the straw purchasewill befree to dothis again for someone else later.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
imported post

FLR72 wrote:
If what they mean is make a straw purchase a mandatory felony they should say that, and I would be all for it.The real problem is the DA's obviously are not prosecuting them as feloniesand the judges are letting it happen. So who is rely to blame?
+1

Enforce the laws already on the books.