Thread: Carry on a plane

Post imported post

I'm taking the journey and getting my private pilot's cert. Anyone have any experience with guns on planes? I'd think the FFA wouldn't like it too much, but not sure if they could stop you. Private pilots get on the same tarmac as the commercial planes, but I've yet to be searched...

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

From what I understand, the feds are only concerned about keeping guns from passing through their checkpoints. All other entrances into airports arecontrolled bystate statutes. A couple of years ago, the state of AZ was attempting to get legislation passed that would make it illegal to bringa gun into an airport via the 'back' entrances(used by contractors and such), but not sure what happened with that. I know a lot of people that go hunting, travelingin their small planes and carry firearms all the time.

Post imported post

if it is your plane, you can do what ever you want. I have flown into Pinetop to go shooting and had close to a dozen rifles in my plane.

A private plane is just likea private car, it is yours and you can carry what ever you want in it. The FAA has no say in the matter.I am a private pilot as well as a A&P and IA.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Dragonflydf wrote:
    if it is your plane, you can do what ever you want. I have flown into Pinetop to go shooting and had close to a dozen rifles in my plane.

A private plane is just likea private car, it is yours and you can carry what ever you want in it. The FAA has no say in the matter.I am a private pilot as well as a A&P and IA.
    I carry and fly in VA. My only concern would be if I was armed in a SIDA area airside at an air carrier airport in VA. Just know the laws, and carry a digital audio recorder.

carry on.

ed
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

When I had my experimental, I carried a Charter Arms AR-7 in it. I glassed in mounts just for it in the aft fuselage, just behind the seat backs.