Thread: Westland home robbed 50 guns stolen

Post imported post

Just saw this article. Scary stuff:what:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33230975

ClickonDetroit.com
    updated 35 minutes ago

WESTLAND, Mich. - Police are looking for a group of men who bound, terrorized and robbed a private Westland gun collector and his family inside of their home for more than two hours.

Investigators said they believe the robbers knew to target the family because they stole about 50 guns from the homeowner's extensive gun collection, three daggers, jewelry, cash and the family vehicle.

Story continues below ↓

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

broke into their home in the area of Ford and Newburgh roads on Sept. 26. through a side door.
    1/2 mile away from the police station

Post imported post

dougwg wrote:
    broke into their home in the area of Ford and Newburgh roads on Sept. 26. through a side door.
    1/2 mile away from the police station
    hmmmm. I just noticed that this happened back on the 26th of September. Wonder why it just made the news, or did I just miss the original story?
    "If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If you have a gun, what in the hell do you have to be paranoid for." Clint Smith, Director of Thunder Ranch

Post imported post

riffles with gold inlays
    Man, they really need a better proofreader!

I wonder if the guy had a home security system and a personal protection firearm handy? I have thought about getting a home security system "on the cheap". I would like a dog, but do not have enough time to make it work.

Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

Nothing like those for sale on MGO.
    Rights are like muscles. You must EXERCISE THEM to keep them from becoming atrophied.

Post imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:
    Are you implying that the guns are being sold on MGO?

If so, it'd be best to report that immediately to the police.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

malignity wrote:
    PDinDetroit wrote:
    Are you implying that the guns are being sold on MGO?

If so, it'd be best to report that immediately to the police.
    No, that is why I said "nothing like those", meaning the Winchester Collectibles that were stolen.

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142

I have been out there recently checking for a specific type of firearm for my daughter when she turns 18.

Post imported post

Hah. I guess I took it as sarcasm. MGO may not have gold ornate guns there, but at times there sure are some killer deals.
    All opinions posted on opencarry.org are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of opencarry.org or Michigan Open Carry Inc.

Post imported post

Gun thieves have been arrested and charged. After the story ran on both tv and the local paper, tips started coming in. They were dumb enough to post some photos of themselves with the guns on either their MySpace or Facebook pages! Turns out one of them was a prior relative through marriage (now divorced from the distant family member). So they were set up by someone that knew the family. Most of the guns have been recovered (after numerous search warrants were executed in various locations throughout Metro Detroit area.)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21363236/detail.html

Post imported post

PK11973 wrote:
    Gun thieves have been arrested and charged.* After the story ran on both tv and the local paper, tips started coming in.* They were dumb enough to post some photos of themselves with the guns on either their MySpace or Facebook pages!* Turns out one of them was a prior relative through marriage (now divorced from the distant family member).* So they were set up by someone that knew the family.* Most of the guns have been recovered (after numerous search warrants were executed in various locations throughout Metro Detroit area.)*

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21363236/detail.html
    Thanks for the update, and welcome to the forum!
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Maybe I'm just old fashion, but I think thieves that dangerous should be taken out back to get shot or hung promptly after being convicted or confessing. I don't wish to share the planet with that level of trash.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Yep! That's the way it should be...but they will serve some time(very little)on our dime and be back out prowling the streets........You can thank a liberal

Post imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
    Yep! That's the way it should be...but they will serve some time(very little)on our dime and be back out prowling the streets........You can thank a liberal
    Ahh liberals so opened minded their brains fell out
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless