• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Westland home robbed 50 guns stolen

Jblack44

imported post

Just saw this article. Scary stuff:what:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33230975

ClickonDetroit.com
updated 35 minutes ago

WESTLAND, Mich. - Police are looking for a group of men who bound, terrorized and robbed a private Westland gun collector and his family inside of their home for more than two hours.

Investigators said they believe the robbers knew to target the family because they stole about 50 guns from the homeowner's extensive gun collection, three daggers, jewelry , cash and the family vehicle.

Story continues below ↓

Jblack44

imported post

dougwg wrote:
broke into their home in the area of Ford and Newburgh roads on Sept. 26. through a side door.
1/2 mile away from the police station
hmmmm. I just noticed that this happened back on the 26th of September. Wonder why it just made the news, or did I just miss the original story?

PDinDetroit

imported post

riffles with gold inlays
Man, they really need a better proofreader!

I wonder if the guy had a home security system and a personal protection firearm handy? I have thought about getting a home security system "on the cheap". I would like a dog, but do not have enough time to make it work.

PDinDetroit

imported post

malignity wrote:
PDinDetroit wrote:
Nothing like those for sale on MGO.
Are you implying that the guns are being sold on MGO?

If so, it'd be best to report that immediately to the police.
No, that is why I said "nothing like those", meaning the Winchester Collectibles that were stolen. :cool:

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142

I have been out there recently checking for a specific type of firearm for my daughter when she turns 18.

malignity

imported post

Hah. I guess I took it as sarcasm. MGO may not have gold ornate guns there, but at times there sure are some killer deals.

PK11973

imported post

Gun thieves have been arrested and charged. After the story ran on both tv and the local paper, tips started coming in. They were dumb enough to post some photos of themselves with the guns on either their MySpace or Facebook pages! Turns out one of them was a prior relative through marriage (now divorced from the distant family member). So they were set up by someone that knew the family. Most of the guns have been recovered (after numerous search warrants were executed in various locations throughout Metro Detroit area.)

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21363236/detail.html

EM87

imported post

PK11973 wrote:
Gun thieves have been arrested and charged.  After the story ran on both tv and the local paper, tips started coming in.  They were dumb enough to post some photos of themselves with the guns on either their MySpace or Facebook pages!  Turns out one of them was a prior relative through marriage (now divorced from the distant family member).  So they were set up by someone that knew the family.  Most of the guns have been recovered (after numerous search warrants were executed in various locations throughout Metro Detroit area.) 

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/21363236/detail.html

Thanks for the update, and welcome to the forum!

Michigander

imported post

Maybe I'm just old fashion, but I think thieves that dangerous should be taken out back to get shot or hung promptly after being convicted or confessing. I don't wish to share the planet with that level of trash.

Jblack44

imported post

Yep! That's the way it should be...but they will serve some time(very little)on our dime and be back out prowling the streets........You can thank a liberal

eastmeyers

imported post

Jblack44 wrote:
Yep! That's the way it should be...but they will serve some time(very little)on our dime and be back out prowling the streets........You can thank a liberal
Ahh liberals so opened minded their brains fell out :banghead: