• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

iBearArms iPhone App

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Check out the new app from iBearArms

I've been working with the owner Matt Steinman to put together the Washington State information. Check out his Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/inbox/readmessa ... 926&ref=mf

iBearArms was created for individuals across the United States who have their concealed weapons license. The application will serve as a repository of information on state laws and other general information including forbidden areas, permit cost and information, government offices with maps and phone numbers, and frequently asked questions. Navigating through the application is simple. Just select your state you reside in, select ‘Go’ and you will have the information right at your fingertips. Want to search through other states to find their laws? Not a problem. It’s all included in iBearArms.

Demo Video: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...deo/video.php?v=942152356984&oid=115553403926

BigDaddy5

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Wonder what Apple's stance is on firearms.......I know Google is anti-gun. 

Apple is unbiased. They have a lot of great app. I personally use "Ballistics" every time I go to the range. They have a ton of good shooting apps.

Their terms only prohibit stuff like WMD's and the like.

joeroket

imported post

BigDaddy5 wrote:
compmanio365 wrote:
Wonder what Apple's stance is on firearms.......I know Google is anti-gun. 

Apple is unbiased. They have a lot of great app. I personally use "Ballistics" every time I go to the range. They have a ton of good shooting apps.

Their terms only prohibit stuff like WMD's and the like.

Hmm maybe my next phone will be an iPhone then.

alienbogey

imported post

I just looked at the app and only six states are included: Arizona, California, Florida, Michigan, Ohio and Texas.

Any idea if or how soon other states will be added?

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

alienbogey wrote:
I just looked at the app and only six states are included: Arizona, California, Florida, Michigan, Ohio and Texas.

Any idea if or how soon other states will be added?
Other states are being added as the information becomes available. Users like you and me send him the info he needs. He just got the Washington info last night.

FogRider

imported post

I have it, and like it. Not very useful for me at the moment, but he's promised that CO will be one of the next few states, so hopefully that'll change.

steinm10

imported post

Check back on my site for future updates. I have 8 more states I'm submitting to Apple tomorrow! Thanks for all the support guys!

In addition to adding states, I'll also be adding more functionality down the road. Stay tuned!

steinm10

imported post

If all goes well with my iPhone app, I plan on developing for the Blackberry platform as well. I'll have all the information compiled, just a matter of finding a developer for the BB platform.

beradcee

imported post

Could we get open carry laws added to this app?? I am going to send the same request to Legal Heat about their iphone app. I'm sure it has been suggested elsewhere but i thought it would make sense to ask on here.

steinm10

imported post

I would be more than happy to add that to the application! You can check my Web site for updates that are coming up. I will put that on my todo list!

Thank you for the support!