• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I just called the cops on some guy

usaf0906

imported post

Calling the police is pointless if the mother doesnt want to press charges and file a report.

I think calling the police over a thrown tape measure that didnt hit anyone is a bit much.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

wrong again joe

there has to be proof, not some troll who says I saw him throw it at her

if that was the case you could go around saying they hit each other to any couple.

doesn't work like that

compmanio365

imported post

joeroket wrote:
cbackous wrote:
Calling the police is pointless if the mother doesnt want to press charges and file a report.

This is untrue in Wa. The victim does not have to press charges for an arrest/prosecution in Wa.
Right, but ONLY if a sworn officer witnesses the DV in progress. He said/she said with no physical evidence or corroborating testimony will net you zip. Like boo boo said, then you could go around and try to get people hit with DV charges with no basis......I

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
imported post

If the OP was OC then his appearance may have stopped an assault between quarrelsome neighbors. Turns out the son was just a harmless(?) jerk to his mom.

What I'm missing is where the OP claimed to have called the police. Or why he was subjected to yet another example of the infamous Washington Dog Pile for this post.