• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toledo, OH: Shootout Caught on Video

virginiatuck

PavePusher

imported post

After watching that, I don't think anyone was carrying legally. It's not possible to tell what started the confrontation, but I have doubts on if the people who stayed in the bar (off-screen to the right) would have a valid case for self defense. Waiting for more info. Popcorn time!

PT111

imported post

Most amazing thing about that was no one was hurt! I don't how many shots were fired but I estimate at least 50 and not one person hit! So much for marksmanship. :what:

zack991

imported post

Statesman wrote:
Fox News reports 20 shots.

Why can't people just fist fight?
Because you have these wanna be thugs that would run in fear of getting their butt kicked in a fist fight or being called a chicken for not fighting at all. The gun gives them power they otherwise don't have and they would crumble.

Now since these guys think they are gangsters and they wont be the bigger man and walk away, they instead try to live up to their self inflated hype. They will pull their guns and start shooting before it shows how big of a coward they truly are. They have to resort to pulling a gun out instead of walking away. We deal with punks like this every weekend at the bar, they are all full of hot air. Just another punk who would be in real trouble if it ever came down to fist being thrown.

They are truly coward

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zack991 wrote:
Statesman wrote:

Because you have  these wanna be thugs that would run in fear of getting their butt kicked in a true fist fight. Now since these guys think they are gangsters they won't take the chance of it getting into a fist fight with another person, they will loose all their hot air and get whats coming to them.  They will pull their guns and start shooting before it shows how big of a coward they truly are. We deal with punks like this every weekend at the bar, they are all full of hot air. Just another punk who would be in real trouble if it ever came down to fist being thrown.

THEY COWARDS
They are cowards, but not because they won't engage in fistfights. Real men walk away from nonthreatening altercations without fighting; to do otherwise is cowardly.

The argument that one must engage in fistfights to not be cowardly has no basis in reality.

If a fistfight does not represent lethal force, it can be walked away from. If it cannot be walked away from, it is not a mere fistfight and escalation of force may legitimately ensue.

zack991

imported post

marshaul wrote:
zack991 wrote:
Statesman wrote:

Because you have these wanna be thugs that would run in fear of getting their butt kicked in a fist fight or being called a chicken for not fighting at all. The gun gives them power they otherwise would crumble

Now since these guys think they are gangsters and they wont be the bigger man and walk away, they instead try to live up to their self inflated hype. They will pull their guns and start shooting before it shows how big of a coward they truly are. They have to resort to pulling a gun out instead of walking away. We deal with punks like this every weekend at the bar, they are all full of hot air. Just another punk who would be in real trouble if it ever came down to fist being thrown.

They are truly coward
They are cowards, but not because they won't engage in fistfights. Real men walk away from nonthreatening altercations without fighting; to do otherwise is cowardly.

The argument that one must engage in fistfights to not be cowardly has no basis in reality.

If a fistfight does not represent lethal force, it can be walked away from. If it cannot be walked away from, it is not a mere fistfight and escalation of force may legitimately ensue.
You misunderstood what I am meaning. I am saying that real men always walk away from a fight if possible,but these idiots rather be just that an idiot. They are trying to impress people around them by pulling a gun out and to start shooting to deal with the problem. it was badly written.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

zack991 wrote:
marshaul wrote:
zack991 wrote:
Statesman wrote:

Because you have  these wanna be thugs that would run in fear of getting their butt kicked in a true fist fight. Now since these guys think they are gangsters they won't take the chance of it getting into a fist fight with another person, they will loose all their hot air and get whats coming to them.  They will pull their guns and start shooting before it shows how big of a coward they truly are. We deal with punks like this every weekend at the bar, they are all full of hot air. Just another punk who would be in real trouble if it ever came down to fist being thrown.

THEY COWARDS

You misunderstood what I am meaning. I am saying that real men always walk away from a fight if possible,but these idiots rather be just that an idiot. They are trying to impress people around them by pulling a gun out and to start shooting to deal with the problem. it was badly written.
OK, I understand what you're saying. You're absolutely correct.

Gordie

imported post

They're lucky that they didn't shoot their own friends instead of their foes. I especially like the guy shooting past his friend throughthe doorway.

What a bunch of idiots.:banghead:

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Wait a minute, it's illegal (felony in Ohio) to carry in a place that serves alcohol so no one would ever need a firearm in a place like that. This can't be!

:D

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

One idiot looks like he was firing point blank at one guy and the guy just kept walking right by him. My favorite part was the idiot outside jumping all around firing at the wallwhile his buddy was standing in the doorway firing.

SteveInAshand

imported post

The good thing about bar hopping thugs-punks & looser like that is they are so lazy & undisciplined that they don't practice .

Any one of us could have shot down at least the guy coming through the door and perhaps put down one bouncing around the parking lot.

They are just like the looser who tried to rob the brave & valiant watch repair man's store in west Los Angele's in the late 90's , every time they would come in hot standing they would leave cold & horizontal.

That watch repair man practiced -practiced & practiced more with his hand gun's ( plural ) and ran plausible scenarios over and over until the mutt's who dared enter his store over & over gun in hand through out the years got the same thing > they got out shot & out maneuvered on every account.

Harper1227

imported post

Thugs. idiots...

so many things wrong about this. fights turning to shoot outs? losers.

these guys are shooting indiscriminately. doesn't seem like anyone is aiming or even cares who they shoot. I'm amazed no one was hurt specifically by their own 'boyz' since they seemed to have no cares about shooting passed their friends.

More importantly, more then how many shots fired, how long til the police showed up? These people were running in and out, firing from outside for AT least 3 mins. and nothing! Not like anyone was calling the cops, chicks were more worried about their purses and jackets.

its amazing no one was hurt.

i wont even say - if a legal CC or OCr was there, if it was only legal... Cause even if it was, it didnt seem like the type of place i would go, armed or not.

Harper1227

imported post

so i followed this link thinking it was more on this shooting, turns out it was ANOTHER bar shooting in Columbus, OH.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091025/NEWS24/910259990

7 injured in gunfire at Columbus bar
ASSOCIATED PRESS

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Ohio police are investigating a bar fight that escalated into gunfire that injured seven, none seriously.

The seven were treated at hospitals around Columbus Saturday after the apparent gun battle at a bar on the city’s north side.

The shooting happened around 1:30 a.m. at Crabby Tom’s near the bar’s rear patio. Police say
more than 30 shots were fired and several gunmen may have been involved, according to a report by WBNS-TV. A police report said a shooter fired over a fence at victims on the patio.

There was no answer at the bar Sunday.

In Toledo, the city is trying to shut down a bar where at least five gunmen fired numerous shots earlier this month in a fight captured on security cameras. No injuries were reported.

two within a month? whats that say about the effectiveness of Ohio's gun laws?

only hurting the law-abiding citizens

Harper1227

imported post

Sorry, but one more interesting note on this shoot out. one of the guys turned himself in. he was the cook at the bar. i dont know his involvement. for all i know he was just defending himself and not a part of the initial fight but, ....

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20091020/NEWS02/910209997

Mr. Sawyer, who has no criminal record, is charged with discharging a firearm in the city limits, a misdemeanor, and with having a firearm in a liquor permit premises, a felony. (emphasis mine) His preliminary hearing was set for Nov. 6. Police are continuing to work at identifying others who were involved, Toledo police Sgt. Phil Toney said yesterday.
so shooting the gun (presumably AT people) is a misdemeanor, but having it in a bar is a felony? anyone else see a problem with this