Thread: WTB retention type holster Glock 17

Post imported post

Hello I am looking for a retention type holster for a glock 17. Preferably a space age plastic job, kydex or similar material. New or used cash or trade. Lets talk

Thanks

Post imported post

Check out the Serpa Blackhawk holsters. I have a level 2 (finger release button) retention holster of that model and I love it. Got it for 50 bucks at a local gun shop.
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Post imported post

Whats the difference between the level 2 Sportster and the other models? Next month I'm getting a Serpa but was looking at the sportster due to it's lower price. I'm not sure if I should possibly look at other models or not.

Mike

Post imported post

If I recall....the Sportster versions are NOT made from the stronger carbon fiber composite. IMHO I would pony up the extra bucks for the CQC (carbon fiber).

Post imported post

If you ever make it out by Great Lakes Crossing, they have Serpa's for 30 bucks, one of only a few things I've seen them do right.

Cabelas some times has them in stock, but I'd call them spotty. Plus, looking at their web site, it looks like they only sell them for the 19 size, so you'd probably have to chop the bottom off to make it work.

Regardless of what you do, if you want cheap, your best bet which you won't be disappointed by is a Serpa Sportster.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

http://holstertrade.com/trade/index.php

I don't know how it is on the holsters but I know the "carbon fiber" on the mag holders is just a sticker. I just looked at their website and it appears to be just a sticker on the holsters as well.

From what I've seen the main difference between the two is the Sportster only comes with the paddle attachment and theCQC comes with both the paddle and belt loop attachments.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

Post imported post

I used to OC my Glock 17 In a BLACKHAWK! Serpa. I was about 40 bucks shipped. Good holster for the $$.

Post imported post

ChuckWagon-SMVM wrote:
    Hello I am looking for a retention type holster for a glock 17. Preferably a space age plastic job, kydex or similar material. New or used cash or trade. Lets talk

Thanks
    A Blackhawk SERPA, in either carbon or matte finish would be an excellent choice. I'd have a SERPA(level 2, concealment type)if they made one for my Glock 21 with Pic Rail.

Post imported post

Bronson wrote:
    http://holstertrade.com/trade/index.php

I don't know how it is on the holsters but I know the "carbon fiber" on the mag holders is just a sticker. I just looked at their website and it appears to be just a sticker on the holsters as well.

From what I've seen the main difference between the two is the Sportster only comes with the paddle attachment and theCQC comes with both the paddle and belt loop attachments.

Bronson
    The CQC line is made with a carbon fiber composite. Blackhawk muddies the waters by offering a "carbon fiber" finish, which is indeed a sticker. From their website: "Our amazing Carbon-Fiber Composite holster gives you the most advanced material available for a holster"

The Sportster line is made with: "Traditional polymer material construction found in otherinjection molded holsters."

Post imported post

I also use a Blackhawk Serpa Level 2 retention holster. I have zero complaints. Also look on EBAY like someone posted above. That is where I got mine, and I saved about $25!

Post imported post

Hmm I've been looking at 2 places ebay and Bass Proshop. Hopefully between the two I should find a good deal. I'm probably going to spend a little more then on the Sportster due to the added quality. I definitely dont want it to break.

Mike