• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTB retention type holster Glock 17

ChuckWagon-SMVM

imported post

Hello I am looking for a retention type holster for a glock 17. Preferably a space age plastic job, kydex or similar material. New or used cash or trade. Lets talk

Thanks

EM87

imported post

Check out the Serpa Blackhawk holsters. I have a level 2 (finger release button) retention holster of that model and I love it. Got it for 50 bucks at a local gun shop.

mikestilly

imported post

Whats the difference between the level 2 Sportster and the other models? Next month I'm getting a Serpa but was looking at the sportster due to it's lower price. I'm not sure if I should possibly look at other models or not.

Mike

Michigander

imported post

If you ever make it out by Great Lakes Crossing, they have Serpa's for 30 bucks, one of only a few things I've seen them do right.

Cabelas some times has them in stock, but I'd call them spotty. Plus, looking at their web site, it looks like they only sell them for the 19 size, so you'd probably have to chop the bottom off to make it work.

Regardless of what you do, if you want cheap, your best bet which you won't be disappointed by is a Serpa Sportster.

Bronson

imported post

http://holstertrade.com/trade/index.php

I don't know how it is on the holsters but I know the "carbon fiber" on the mag holders is just a sticker. I just looked at their website and it appears to be just a sticker on the holsters as well.

From what I've seen the main difference between the two is the Sportster only comes with the paddle attachment and theCQC comes with both the paddle and belt loop attachments.

Bronson

SpringerXDacp

imported post

ChuckWagon-SMVM wrote:
Hello I am looking for a retention type holster for a glock 17. Preferably a space age plastic job, kydex or similar material. New or used cash or trade. Lets talk

Thanks
A Blackhawk SERPA, in either carbon or matte finish would be an excellent choice. I'd have a SERPA(level 2, concealment type)if they made one for my Glock 21 with Pic Rail.

Greggy_D

imported post

Bronson wrote:
http://holstertrade.com/trade/index.php

I don't know how it is on the holsters but I know the "carbon fiber" on the mag holders is just a sticker. I just looked at their website and it appears to be just a sticker on the holsters as well.

From what I've seen the main difference between the two is the Sportster only comes with the paddle attachment and theCQC comes with both the paddle and belt loop attachments.

Bronson

The CQC line is made with a carbon fiber composite. Blackhawk muddies the waters by offering a "carbon fiber" finish, which is indeed a sticker. From their website: "Our amazing Carbon-Fiber Composite holster gives you the most advanced material available for a holster"

The Sportster line is made with: "Traditional polymer material construction found in otherinjection molded holsters."

T Vance

imported post

I also use a Blackhawk Serpa Level 2 retention holster. I have zero complaints. Also look on EBAY like someone posted above. That is where I got mine, and I saved about $25!

mikestilly

imported post

Hmm I've been looking at 2 places ebay and Bass Proshop. Hopefully between the two I should find a good deal. I'm probably going to spend a little more then on the Sportster due to the added quality. I definitely dont want it to break.

Mike