• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

100 protests-----oct 17

johnnyd74

imported post

SOMETHING IN THE AIR
[font="Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size=+2]CBS, NBC, ABC to be slammed by more than 100 protests[/size][/font]
[font="Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif"][size=+1]Tea parties dare Obama 'Minion Media' to 'cover what's right under their noses'[/size][/font]

[size=-1]Posted: October 09, 2009
12:00 am Eastern

[/size]
[font="Palatino, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times, serif"]By Chelsea Schilling[/font]
[size=-1]©2009WorldNetDaily [/size]

operation.jpg

American taxpayers are planning to storm more than 100 mainstream media offices and stations across the nation next week in protest of a media blackout of the growing movement against Obama administration policies.

Following sparse coverage of a massive 9/12 march on Washington, talk show host Rush Limbaugh urged citizens to bring their protests to the style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 17px"front doors
of major media outlets.

"The media [are] no longer reporters. They are repeaters," Limbaugh said on his Sept. 14 show. "There have been hundreds and thousands of protests by conservative groups that haven't been covered, and tiny turnouts by the Left that are covered."

It's not just Obama who's lying. It's his Minion Media, too!

He suggested citizens host tea parties "on or next to the properties housing the TV networks."

"Dare them to cover what's right under their noses!" he said.

Limbaugh suggested leaders of the media rallies present a list of grievances to each individual station.

"Make the challenges substantive and adult and challenge their journalistic ethics," he said. "... I want this all to happen spontaneously."

Now, a group unaffiliated with Limbaugh is preparing to do just that.

"Operation: Can You Hear Us Now?" is planning more than 100 media protests across the nation next week. Nearly 7,500 fans have flocked to a Facebook page for the event.

The following is a video advertisement some volunteers put together to promote the events:

The following are some locations for planned protests. Unless otherwise indicated, the protests are scheduled for Oct. 17:

Michigan

Saginaw – WNEM-TV 5 (CBSaffiliate), 107 N. Franklin St., 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Troy – NBC, 3250 West Big Beaver (between Coolidge and Golfview Drive), 2 p.m.

mikestilly

imported post

hmmmmmmmmmmm this might be a great event to follow the Canton Chili Cookoff. OC at the chili cookoff and then protest to follow.. sweeeeet I'm spreading the word.

Mike

Michigander

imported post

I am in no way shape or form a Rush Limbaugh fan, but once in a while he does get it right. Sounds like a fabulous idea.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
I'll bet they'd notice if everyone showed up with pitchforks and torches.
After dark only. Singhymns about peace, love, and so forth. A "torch light" vigilto preservethe 1st Amendment.

:)

TheRabbitsHole

imported post

qqq1 wrote:
hmmm... I'm in saginaw. I should go. We're on a public sidewalk so no possible issue with OC, right?

I might go to the one in Saginaw if I can manage transportation. It's getting a bit cold to OC though, but I'll be armed one way or another. Will have to see what the weather is like.