Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Homeowner Holding Intruder at Gunpoint Shot 6 Times by Cops

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    11

    Post imported post


  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,221

    Post imported post

    Officer admitted NOT verbally warning before shots, and he is cleared of all wrong doing just like that.... I hope this man wins in court.

    Anyone else want to say CFP Badges are for wanna-bes? Yea, wanna-be-alives..not that it sounds like it would have helped much...idiots.

    ...shot in the back, hip and then in the forearm...then 3 times more on the floor...
    sons of....

    wife and kids were there...unreal.

    Why the hell was this guy getting shot while he was disabled on the floor ANYWAY? Dude was the homeowner protecting his family, doing the right thing, not shooting the criminal in the back - - holding him at bay until the GOOD GUYS could come and help and gets plugged...6 times!!!!

  3. #3
    Regular Member colormered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cache county, Utah, USA
    Posts
    116

    Post imported post

    The icing on the cake, which wasn't covered in this story, was that after the shooting, the cops involved started planning the coverup, and it was all caught on the 911 tape. Check out this coverage -

    http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/038783.html

    And somehow, they managed to clear those involved of any wrongdoing.... go figure.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Payson, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,146

    Post imported post

    "who ya gonna call?"

    NOT THE COPS!

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post




    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum3/7073.html

    Bob Cav said:
    Folks, as there is an influx of new people and not everyone has had a chance to read John's policy regarding no LEO bashing on the forum, I'm adding Rule 6:


    6) LEO bashing of any sort will NOT be tolerated on OCDO in any form. That is not what we are about. Read the following post for further clarification by John :

















    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum3/7073.html




    We all would not want to be judged by the actions of a few would we?


  6. #6
    Regular Member LovesHisXD45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Utah, USA
    Posts
    580

    Post imported post

    Well, I already theorized this reaction by police for that exact reason. Therefore, if anyone forces entry into my house, the cops will only be called to come and pick up the body. There will only be one side of the story, and that will be my story. Dead men tell no tales.

    Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    but you wrote down your plan on a public forum.

    premeditated act= bubba likes to snuggle.

  8. #8
    Regular Member LovesHisXD45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Utah, USA
    Posts
    580

    Post imported post

    cheese wrote:
    but you wrote down your plan on a public forum.

    premeditated act= bubba likes to snuggle.
    76-2-405. Force in defense of habitation.
    (1) A person is justified in using force against another when and to the extent that he reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other's unlawful entry into or attack upon his habitation; however, he is justified in the use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury only if:
    (a) the entry is made or attempted in a violent and tumultuous manner, surreptitiously, or by stealth, and he reasonably believes that the entry is attempted or made for the purpose of assaulting or offering personal violence to any person, dwelling, or being in the habitation and he reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent the assault or offer of personal violence; or
    (b) he reasonably believes that the entry is made or attempted for the purpose of committing a felony in the habitation and that the force is necessary to prevent the commission of the felony.

    (2) The person using force or deadly force in defense of habitation is presumed for the purpose of both civil and criminal cases to have acted reasonably and had a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or serious bodily injury if the entry or attempted entry is unlawful and is made or attempted by use of force, or in a violent and tumultuous manner, or surreptitiously or by stealth, or for the purpose of committing a felony.

    Amended by Chapter 252, 1985 General Session
    Download Code Section Zipped WordPerfect 76_02_040500.ZIP 2,127 Bytes


    You bet your ass that is my intention because I would be acting in accordance with the law. They can quote my posts in court all they want. Oh, and bubba can piss off.

    Your posts are "cheesy"

    Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

  9. #9
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,793

    Post imported post

    cheese wrote:


    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum3/7073.html

    Bob Cav said:
    Folks, as there is an influx of new people and not everyone has had a chance to read John's policy regarding no LEO bashing on the forum, I'm adding Rule 6:


    6) LEO bashing of any sort will NOT be tolerated on OCDO in any form. That is not what we are about. Read the following post for further clarification by John :



    We all would not want to be judged by the actions of a few would we?
    There is a difference between LEO bashing and bashing on the criminal conduct of a few who happen to be LEO-typyes.

    Being a cop should not subject anyone to bashing on this forumn.

    But being a cop should likewise, not exempt anyone from being called on the carpet in this forumn for stupid, much less criminal conduct. Indeed, the majority of officers who are honest, law-abiding, and hard-working should be among the first and hardest to condemn these criminals and incompetents who happen to have badges.

    When a regular Joe shoots a toilet or chair in a restaurant due to an ND, I am not going to defend him here. I am going to condemn the stupidity. Good cops should do likewise with one of their own in cases like this.

    Charles

    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

    "With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

    "Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bountiful, Utah, , USA
    Posts
    472

    Post imported post

    ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
    Officer admitted NOT verbally warning before shots, and he is cleared of all wrong doing just like that.... I hope this man wins in court.

    Anyone else want to say CFP Badges are for wanna-bes? Yea, wanna-be-alives..not that it sounds like it would have helped much...idiots.

    ...shot in the back, hip and then in the forearm...then 3 times more on the floor...
    sons of....

    wife and kids were there...unreal.

    Why the hell was this guy getting shot while he was disabled on the floor ANYWAY? Dude was the homeowner protecting his family, doing the right thing, not shooting the criminal in the back - - holding him at bay until the GOOD GUYS could come and help and gets plugged...6 times!!!!
    That's why I carry restraints. If there's someone around to cuff the BG while I hold him at gun point, I'd rather do that and be able to reholster my sidearm. I don't want 6 guns pointed at me when the "good guys" show up.

  11. #11
    Regular Member LovesHisXD45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Utah, USA
    Posts
    580

    Post imported post

    Yup. I carry the zip ties. Light weight and multi-purpose. They also slice the crap out of you if you try to get out of em. You can use those things for all kinds of stuff.
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Payson, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,146

    Post imported post

    LovesHisXD45 wrote:
    Yup. I carry the zip ties. Light weight and multi-purpose. They also slice the crap out of you if you try to get out of em. You can use those things for all kinds of stuff.
    where can i purchase a pair or 2? never know what sort of reason you can use them for

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bountiful, Utah, , USA
    Posts
    472

    Post imported post

    I like the ASP tri-fold restraints: http://www.asp-net.com/restraints.html
    They are at the bottom of the page. I got a bunch from OPSGEAR (local) in North Salt Lake, but it doesn't appear that they are carrying them at the moment.

    Daily carry (out and about) is a pair of S&W blued cuffs, but when dress code calls for something more discreet, I just slide a pair of the ASPs behind my belt around my waist. They are easy to use and have a nice knob at the end - could swing the cuff as a weapon in a pinch.



  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Payson, Utah, USA
    Posts
    1,146

    Post imported post

    hahaa so cool that we can do that... in CA it was illegal to OWN handcuffs! (from what i was told by a cop when i lived there... then again, you can only believe 10% of anything a cop says!)

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    b1ack5mith wrote:
    hahaa so cool that we can do that... in CA it was illegal to OWN handcuffs! (from what i was told by a cop when i lived there... then again, you can only believe 10% of anything a cop says!)
    pretty much like the internet. mostly Bull crap.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •