• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Homeowner Holding Intruder at Gunpoint Shot 6 Times by Cops

scorpioajr

imported post

Officer admitted NOT verbally warning before shots, and he is cleared of all wrong doing just like that.... I hope this man wins in court.

Anyone else want to say CFP Badges are for wanna-bes? Yea, wanna-be-alives..not that it sounds like it would have helped much...idiots.

...shot in the back, hip and then in the forearm...then 3 times more on the floor...
sons of....

wife and kids were there...unreal.

Why the hell was this guy getting shot while he was disabled on the floor ANYWAY? Dude was the homeowner protecting his family, doing the right thing, not shooting the criminal in the back - - holding him at bay until the GOOD GUYS could come and help and gets plugged...6 times!!!!

cheese

imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum3/7073.html

Bob Cav said:
Folks, as there is an influx of new people and not everyone has had a chance to read John's policy regarding no LEO bashing on the forum, I'm adding Rule 6:

6) LEO bashing of any sort will NOT be tolerated on OCDO in any form. That is not what we are about. Read the following post for further clarification by John :

We all would not want to be judged by the actions of a few would we?

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Well, I already theorized this reaction by police for that exact reason. Therefore, if anyone forces entry into my house, the cops will only be called to come and pick up the body. There will only be one side of the story, and that will be my story. Dead men tell no tales.

Kevin

cheese

imported post

but you wrote down your plan on a public forum.

premeditated act= bubba likes to snuggle.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

cheese wrote:
but you wrote down your plan on a public forum.

premeditated act= bubba likes to snuggle.
76-2-405. Force in defense of habitation.
(1) A person is justified in using force against another when and to the extent that he reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other's unlawful entry into or attack upon his habitation; however, he is justified in the use of force which is intended or likely to cause death or serious bodily injury only if:
(a) the entry is made or attempted in a violent and tumultuous manner, surreptitiously, or by stealth, and he reasonably believes that the entry is attempted or made for the purpose of assaulting or offering personal violence to any person, dwelling, or being in the habitation and he reasonably believes that the force is necessary to prevent the assault or offer of personal violence; or
(b) he reasonably believes that the entry is made or attempted for the purpose of committing a felony in the habitation and that the force is necessary to prevent the commission of the felony.

(2) The person using force or deadly force in defense of habitation is presumed for the purpose of both civil and criminal cases to have acted reasonably and had a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or serious bodily injury if the entry or attempted entry is unlawful and is made or attempted by use of force, or in a violent and tumultuous manner, or surreptitiously or by stealth, or for the purpose of committing a felony.

Amended by Chapter 252, 1985 General Session
Download Code Section Zipped WordPerfect 76_02_040500.ZIP 2,127 Bytes

You bet your ass that is my intention because I would be acting in accordance with the law. They can quote my posts in court all they want. Oh, and bubba can piss off.

Your posts are "cheesy" ;)

Kevin

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

cheese wrote:

Bob Cav said:
Folks, as there is an influx of new people and not everyone has had a chance to read John's policy regarding no LEO bashing on the forum, I'm adding Rule 6:

6) LEO bashing of any sort will NOT be tolerated on OCDO in any form. That is not what we are about. Read the following post for further clarification by John :

We all would not want to be judged by the actions of a few would we?
There is a difference between LEO bashing and bashing on the criminal conduct of a few who happen to be LEO-typyes.

Being a cop should not subject anyone to bashing on this forumn.

But being a cop should likewise, not exempt anyone from being called on the carpet in this forumn for stupid, much less criminal conduct. Indeed, the majority of officers who are honest, law-abiding, and hard-working should be among the first and hardest to condemn these criminals and incompetents who happen to have badges.

When a regular Joe shoots a toilet or chair in a restaurant due to an ND, I am not going to defend him here. I am going to condemn the stupidity. Good cops should do likewise with one of their own in cases like this.

Charles

GeneticsDave

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Officer admitted NOT verbally warning before shots, and he is cleared of all wrong doing just like that.... I hope this man wins in court.

Anyone else want to say CFP Badges are for wanna-bes? Yea, wanna-be-alives..not that it sounds like it would have helped much...idiots.

...shot in the back, hip and then in the forearm...then 3 times more on the floor...
sons of....

wife and kids were there...unreal.

Why the hell was this guy getting shot while he was disabled on the floor ANYWAY? Dude was the homeowner protecting his family, doing the right thing, not shooting the criminal in the back - - holding him at bay until the GOOD GUYS could come and help and gets plugged...6 times!!!!
That's why I carry restraints. If there's someone around to cuff the BG while I hold him at gun point, I'd rather do that and be able to reholster my sidearm. I don't want 6 guns pointed at me when the "good guys" show up.

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Yup. I carry the zip ties. Light weight and multi-purpose. :) They also slice the crap out of you if you try to get out of em. You can use those things for all kinds of stuff.

b1ack5mith

imported post

LovesHisXD45 wrote:
Yup. I carry the zip ties. Light weight and multi-purpose. :) They also slice the crap out of you if you try to get out of em. You can use those things for all kinds of stuff.
where can i purchase a pair or 2? never know what sort of reason you can use them for ;)

GeneticsDave

imported post

I like the ASP tri-fold restraints: http://www.asp-net.com/restraints.html
They are at the bottom of the page. I got a bunch from OPSGEAR (local) in North Salt Lake, but it doesn't appear that they are carrying them at the moment.

Daily carry (out and about) is a pair of S&W blued cuffs, but when dress code calls for something more discreet, I just slide a pair of the ASPs behind my belt around my waist. They are easy to use and have a nice knob at the end - could swing the cuff as a weapon in a pinch.

ASP56192.jpg

b1ack5mith

imported post

hahaa so cool that we can do that... in CA it was illegal to OWN handcuffs! (from what i was told by a cop when i lived there... then again, you can only believe 10% of anything a cop says!)

cheese

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
hahaa so cool that we can do that... in CA it was illegal to OWN handcuffs! (from what i was told by a cop when i lived there... then again, you can only believe 10% of anything a cop says!)
pretty much like the internet. mostly Bull crap.