• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washintonian OCing in Oregon?

Nathan9493

imported post

Family and I are going to Mt. Hood over Christmas break. Want to OC. Can't find any info. accept what I do find is sketchy at best. I'm finding plenty on CCing, but I won't be there long enough to pursue that. What are the basics I need to know? I read something about not even being to OC in my car? Is that right?

Please don't yell at me if this posted somewhere else on this site, as I've spent hours lurking unable to find it?:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Thanks for your help.

Puddin99

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You can look at this pamphlet -

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/attachment.php?id=5750

And also look here:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum45/923.html

The second link contains info about the cities that ban loaded open carry. If you have a Oregon permit then itexempts you from thelocal ordinances.

To my knowledge, there are no restrictions in the Mt Hood area. Be mindful of the reservations as they have their own laws. As with anywhere, if it's private property, they can ask you to leave and if you refuse you can be charged with trespassing.

IANAL

Ken