• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal-Mart OC incidence

KBCraig

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
shanebelanger wrote:
I'm currently 19 years old.... {snip} So I said, well I guess I can just go get my coat out of the car and conceal it.
I wish the other states would recognize adulthood at 18 like Maine has chosen to do, least as far as CC permits are concerned.
New Hampshire is even better: no age limit.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

You can't even buy handgun ammo in maine until your 21... I've gotta look into this more, and I've also got a lot of friends with FFL licenses who also said that I can't purchase a handgun until i'm 21... I can purchase a long gun but not a handgun (yes i know long gun but it's the term used by ffl's in maine...)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

shanebelanger wrote:
SNIP So, opinions? What could I have done better/differently?
Not bad. Not bad at all.

I've not had the chance, so I have no idea if this would work, but I've been wondering about:

"Sure. Before I go to my car, let me ask. Who would you rather have as a customer, someone that gets nervous atthe mere sight of a lawfully carried defensive implement, or a person who takes responsibility for the safety of themselves and those around them?"

You would have to ask this in a way that carried no hint of displeasure, or trying to be smart and trap them. Its not trying to tell them they are wrong.

paramedic70002

imported post

RockyMtnScotsman wrote:
If someone had complained that there were *gasp!* black people shopping in the store and their presence made them nervous ....

would they have asked the black patrons to go wait outside...?

... or tell the complainant to STFU?

I like that.

"Yes sir I will, oh and by the way all these negros/hispanics/etc. in here make me nervous. Could you do something about that?"

NigNog

Banned
imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
RockyMtnScotsman wrote:
If someone had complained that there were *gasp!* black people shopping in the store and their presence made them nervous ....

I like that.

"Yes sir I will, oh and by the way all these negros/hispanics/etc. in here make me nervous. Could you do something about that?"

Fail.

You can't ask someone to leave their hispanic in the car, or conceal their blackness. Try again cheif.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Not, of course, in so many words, words in which you remind us that various minorities enjoy special protection that does not extend to legally armed citizens.

I moved away from culturally diverse communities because I am a culture-ist. Hence my retort, "In a heartbeat, Cheif." underscoring his carefully crafted rhetoric.

smash29

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Hence my retort, "In a heartbeat, Cheif." underscoring his carefully crafted rhetoric.
And here I was thinking you were making fun of the"cheif" misspelling!;) We all know he meant to say "cheef".... or was it "chef"?

NigNog

Banned
imported post

NavyLT wrote:
NigNog wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
RockyMtnScotsman wrote:

I like that.

Fail.

You can't ask someone to leave their hispanic in the car, or conceal their blackness. Try again cheif.
It doesn't fail at all to me. What RMS is saying is that it no more warrants alarm or requires intervention for a person lawfully carrying a firearm than it does if the same complaint was made about people of ethnic heritage. RMS is saying that complaints about a person legally carrying a gun should be handled exactly the same way as if complaints were received about black or Hispanic persons making someone nervous.

The person making the complaint should be told, "The person that is making you nervous is doing nothing illegal and has every right to be here, I am sorry they make you nervous. If you are that nervous about them, then you may feel free to leave, but we are not going to bother other legimate shoppers because you are nervous about them."

It fails because there's absolutely no comparison.

You cannot compare someone carrying an object to someone being of a certain ethinic background.

WheelGun

imported post

NigNog wrote:
You cannot compare someone carrying an object to someone being of a certain ethinic background.

Yes you can.

I am an American citizen.

I am born of American culture andvalues.

I was educated in America, spent my entire life in America, proudly serve in the Armed Forces of this great nation.

And as such, as part of my birthright, I carry a firearam to defend myself and my family.

You can't leave that in the car.

B

Bikenut

imported post

NigNog wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
RockyMtnScotsman wrote:

I like that.

Fail.

The failure is all yours NigNog... discrimination is discrimination regardless of the reason for that discrimination. Being discriminated against because of legally carrying a gun is still discrimination. And no less onerous than discrimination due to race.

Gordie

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
NigNog wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
RockyMtnScotsman wrote:

I like that.

Fail.

The failure is all yours NigNog... discrimination is discrimination regardless of the reason for that discrimination. Being discriminated against because of legally carrying a gun is still discrimination. And no less onerous than discrimination due to race.

NigNog, let's look at it this way. Would you say a person who is told that they can't come into a business because they have spoken out against a certain political party has had their rights violated? What if they were only allowed after they renounced their previous statements to comply with the political views of the business?

My 2A rights are just as important as their 1A rights.

On the other hand, if it is that important to me, I will just take my money to somewhere that they will take me as I am, armed, and independant. I know many business owners who would love to take money from an armed person.:D

TheMrMitch

imported post

We are not criminals in any possible way that can be coujured up.

IF....this ever happens to me. I will INSIST those 'people' make *ME* extremely nervous by acting non logically and yes, un American.

Make *them* leave and all will settle down.:dude: