• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry Rights front page headline

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Two retorts: Which part of "shall not be infringed" is not understood? And; "If a felon may properly be disbarred his rights under color of law then we can all be legally disarmed merely by sufficiently lowering the bar of 'felony', as has been done in the cases of domestic violence and veterans victimized by diagnoses."

In another but similar thread my mention of the Continuum Fallacy seemed to redound. The application of it to even cases such as mentioned in this newsrag is still aborning, maybe y'all can run with it.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth.

KansasMustang

imported post

I too have a hard time with the word "allowed". On the one hand I would never want a murderer, rapist, armed robbery nor any other "armed felon" to be given back the right to self preservation/determination. On the other hand as Doug aforementioned, knock down the determination of felony, and soon if we jaywalk we'll be felons. Having read the article, I firmly believe that the fella that held his wife captive 4 days and the other that held the gun to his girlfriends head already commited felonies. One felony kidnapping, the other assault with a deadly weapon. Now I'm not a lawyer nor a judge but I know a bit about the law. And I know the UCMJ by heart, which also reflected large amounts of civil law +++ some things not in civil law. But,, I also know WHAT part of "Shall not be infringed" I understand.
Get a grip Doug, you want either of those two fella's I mentioned NEAR your wife or daughter?? I don't.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

And there lies the difference between the law founded on principles and a law based in the concerns of a man - the rule of men.

Maybe the difficulty lies in understanding just what is 'principle'? A functional definition that I find useful is, principle is that which is not compromised. If it was easy then everyone would do it.

Section32

imported post

As you can see, the design of the headline and the photos of the BGs is intended to do one thing: scare law abiding citizens and further the association of guns = bad. The article essentially is critical of the state police for not enforcing our permit laws provision requiring "good character and reputation".

How would you like your government deciding if you fit the bill?

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Section32 wrote:
The link doesn't do justice to the layout of the front page:
3 black guys and one token light-skinned guy (who I can't tell the race of, Caucasian or Hispanic).

HAHAHA could they be any more obviously :cuss:racist, just like the racist-created victim disarmament laws they love so dearly?