• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IWB and OC holster for Glock 21SF

ArnoldsPupil

imported post

Really enjoy all the posts.

I have been reading for a few weeks now.

I am only 5' 10 and 175 lbs and have no issue carrying a full size glock for every day carry.

Im looking to get 2 new holsters of a higher quality and spare mag carrier and wanted some input on a good OC and IWB holster for my G21SF

I live in GA and vave CC for many years.

With all the new technology out just wondering what ya'll carry this full size in.

Thanks

madrevar

imported post

If you are not concerned with slide wear, then I recommend the BlackHawk Level 3 Duty holster for OC. As for CC, I would go with the Comp-Tac MTAC IWB holster. Top of the line in both departments. As far as mag carrier, Comp-Tac also has a nice combo mag/light carrier, as well as just single and double mag carriers. Good Luck.

GlocknLoad

imported post

I will also recommend the MTAC holster for CC. I wore my buddy's MTAC around the house for a couple days to try it - They're very high quality rigs in my opinion.

For OC I use a Safariland paddle holster with thumb break. High quality rig that offers some decent retention without sacrificing comfort or ease of use.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

ArnoldsPupil wrote:
Really enjoy all the posts.

I have been reading for a few weeks now.

I am only 5' 10 and 175 lbs and have no issue carrying a full size glock for every day carry.

Im looking to get 2 new holsters of a higher quality and  spare mag carrier and wanted some input on a good OC and IWB holster for my G21SF

I live in GA and vave CC for many years.

With all the new technology out just wondering what ya'll carry this full size in.

Thanks

I have the same pistol.. Although I'm larger framed... (6'2" ~330)... .I use the uncle mikes IWB holster for CC, and Serpa CQC for OC....

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I usually carry an XD45 compact which is somewhat comparable in size to the Glock 21.

IWB I carry in an MTAC Minotaur. It has interchangeable kydex bodies so I bought it with an extra body for my Sig so it is dual purpose. It works pretty well. That being said, if I were buying a similar holster for single purpose, ie for only one pistol, I think I would have bought a Crossbreed instead.

For OWB I carry in a Blackhawk CQC.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com has some pretty nice looking leather mag holsters for $20 that fit the 21 mags. http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/LEG535-1.html

Sammy.J

imported post

I have a problem with chafing and a IWB holster. I had to add some soft cloth to the outside of it where it rubs against my stomach.

ProtectedByGlock

imported post

I got a good price at www.cdnninvestments.com/ on an RSR Defense holster OWB. It is exactly like the Blackhawk Serpa but way less on cost but it is great quality. I paid $25.00 including shipping.....Glock 30

" I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 "