Thread: Informative Posters to the Public on OC in Wisconsin

Post imported post

I am putting together a Poster/memo to hang in alot of the shopping centers I shop at and even ones I don't. I want the public to know that there is a Law in Wisconsin that Allows a person to Open Carry. Alot of the troubles we have is because the general public is uneducated about the legality of OC!!! People get worried because the person in the net isle has a gun. They don't know its legal for them to do so. So they complain and cause headaches. The more we educate, the less problems we hope to have. I am looking to start posting them fairly soon in the Janesville/Beloit Area.Most of thepolice in this area know there is a OC law, but most of the public doesn't, that's what I hope to change.

Banned

Post imported post

Some of the members here had made some business cards that would make excellent posters.

I was looking for the thread but couldn't find it.

Post imported post

I thought about making one at one time. Maybe a little poster that just explains the law, says about the memo from the AG, and maybe some links to read more. Also thought maybe to add those little tear off pieces at the bottom with a link to this website, so anybody interested can tear it off and go home and look us up and join the forum. I don't know about you guys, but i see a lot of things and then forget to look them up or just forget the website because I never wrote it down.

Posting these would be a great idea, really let a lot more people realize that his is legal and not to freak out and call the cops.
    Logan - Laugh lots, Love Often, and Defend the Irreplaceable
    Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP
    CC permits: MN, FL, NH, PA and CO

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Post imported post

Logan, I like your Idea of the tear-offs at the bottom. I made up a rough copy of a poster, I have a "Cartoon style gun drawing" as the background. Not a menacing, mean looking firearm. Something that will grab attention, yet not be disapproving to the non-gun community. Stating its legal in WI to OC, some other helpful info. Posting websites and places to look for info. I never thought about the tear-offs. I think I might add that, so people wont have to remember it. A larger chance they will actually go home and look it up. I plan on having mine out as soon as I complete it and looks presentable. Mine will be mostly in the Janesville/Beloit area, but will post everywhere I go outside the area. (Besides Illinois, I don't know the law there)

Good Luck to All and Happy Carrying

Post imported post

Has there been any progress on these great ideas? Thanks.

The Right Site

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Post imported post

Thought yesterday about having a couple Shirts made stating something about Open Carry being Legal. On a Hooded Sweatshirt and a T-shirt... Buy the Shirts and take em to a Screen printing place. wouldn't cost much I would Imagine...

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
    I want the public to know that there is a Law in Wisconsin that Allows a person to Open Carry.Most of thepolice in this area know there is a OC law, but most of the public doesn't, that's what I hope to change.
    There is absolutely no law in WI which allows Open Carry. There is no OC law. This is the same as our wearing of a purple polka dottedshirt law. There is no law prohibiting it, so it is legal to do.

Post imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
    gunguy2009 wrote:
    I want the public to know that there is a Law in Wisconsin that Allows a person to Open Carry.Most of thepolice in this area know there is a OC law, but most of the public doesn't, that's what I hope to change.
    There is absolutely no law in WI which allows Open Carry. There is no OC law. This is the same as our wearing of a purple polka dottedshirt law. There is no law prohibiting it, so it is legal to do.
    So make sure when you do make a poster, pamphlet, or anything else that you don't say there is a law making OC legal. Just let them know the main laws regarding firearms that say what you CAN'T do.

Member of:
    Wisconsin Carry, Inc., Rocky Mountain Gun Owners, and National Rifle Association

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

logan wrote:
    So make sure when you do make a poster, pamphlet, or anything else that you don't say there is a law making OC legal. Just let them know the main laws regarding firearms that say what you CAN'T do.
    I agree that the focus should definintely be that it is legal and educate the public on the laws which regulate how you may carry and the exceptions where it is not legal to carry at all.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar

Post imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
    Thought yesterday about having a couple Shirts made stating something about Open Carry being Legal. On a Hooded Sweatshirt and a T-shirt... Buy the Shirts and take em to a Screen printing place. wouldn't cost much I would Imagine...
    In Michigan we made these up. Sold out pretty fast. They seem to work and gets the word out. I'm sure Wisconsin can do something similar.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

Post imported post

Venator wrote:
    gunguy2009 wrote:
    In Michigan we made these up. Sold out pretty fast. They seem to work and gets the word out. I'm sure Wisconsin can do something similar.
    I would buy a couple of those.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

I should get a couple shirts like that. The main time I OC is when I go grocery shopping, and I know a lot of people look at me and my gun after I pass them.

Member of:

Banned

Post imported post

That's a great idea and sales proceeds could go to a fund to start fighting back against these rogue legislators.

I think having the phrase "Which one are you?" on the back with 2 boxes. One that says Victim and one that says Survivor with a check mark in the Survivor box, would be a nice statement.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

Post imported post

If you guys are SERIOUS about this, I'll talk to a guy who make T-Shirts for a living. I'd bet I can get all sizes, and fairly quickly.

Post imported post

I am a new member andwould love to get some t shirts

Post imported post

I'm serious - I'll buy a few of them.

Post imported post

I have been just printing the WI pamphlet on two pieces of paper and sticking them to the bulletin broads

Post imported post

Lets get some Tee shirts :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

hduc2005 wrote:
    I have been just printing the WI pamphlet on two pieces of paper and sticking them to the bulletin broads
    Doesn't that upset the broads?

I think that drawing of Wisconsin with a holstered gun on it would make a great T-shirt. Some in various colors would be nice, I'd be in for 3 or 4 of them if the shirts are good quality. How hard would it be to put something like that on the back of a light weight windbreaker?
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

Post imported post

how about......" Hey Wisconsin, Open Carry is legal & everyone's doing it "
    - learn more at Wisconsincarry.org / Opencarry.org
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Post imported post

I am all for the t-shirts too! If they get made, I will buy! LOL!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

I would definitely buy one! This seems like a really good idea!